Back on windows 10 mobile from android

fat8893

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
I left Android as my daily driver back in July 2016 for Windows 10 Mobile. At that time, I managed to got myself a fully functioning Nokia Lumia 830 for just $20, honest. Now I'm currently using Microsoft Lumia 950 XL, and I see no reason to go back to Android as my daily driver. The only reason I would have Android is because of mobile entertainment (preferably gaming) and e-wallet app (which I rarely use, after all). Other than that, I'm struggling to go back to Android, even with LineageOS.

fat8893

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
Recently some chick posted having her phone near her while her man was throwing it to her and she yelled some comments about him going inside, the next day she was getting ads for birth control and other related stuff. Again big spy nwo company.

That is scary! :straight:

Dwarf_King

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Having used a Lumia 950 XL and a Samsung Galaxy S8. Both are fine phones but one thing really strikes me and that is if one just need to read news with a mobile browser and uses the mobile websites instead of apps as well as some organization apps such as To do, texting, making phone calls and checking mails on the run then one really does not have to drop Windows 10 mobile since such tasks are all possible on the Windows 10 Mobile OS. However, that can all change. What happens if FB drops support for Messenger? Well one could just use the website with a laptop though. Once again those apps are for the most not super important since most of the tasks can be done through either a mobile browser or a PC browser.

This has all become very clear as I have used both phones over like 6 months at least now. Windows 10 Mobile is therefore not a bad option for the more work oriented person.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile is therefore not a bad option for the more work oriented person.

Well this can be very subjective being dependant on one's classification of work and its requirements. I'm more work oriented and W10M cannot even come close to giving me the same experience now compared to Android. Apps (nope no web browser alternatives), ease-of-use, consistency, speed, all not even close. Now I'll admit I have never used a 950 XL, Alcatel Idol 4S, HP Elite x3, and maybe in terms of speed there'd be a boost yet pretty assured (going by my experiences) inconsistencies still abound as not much has changed in regards to OS enhancements for quite some time.

So being work oriented I'd think weather and news would be a couple of the big ticket items used by many no. Open up MS Weather on my 950 (most current update) and my live tile essentially becomes non-functional after doing so. Launch MS News browsing a few categories, return to those previous viewed and guess what, many of picture now refuse to load. And this is where the inconsistency comes in as one never knows what they'll get in return upon each use. Don't sound like a good recipe to me for those work oriented.

Last edited:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 Mobile is therefore not a bad option for the more work oriented person.

I think your work requirements would have to be quite narrow for this to apply. For example, if all you need is Exchange based email, then possibly so. However, most business users' usage cases extend far beyond this.

What if you traveled frequently? Airline, hotel, and ride sharing apps are a must-have. What if you use Microsoft Teams (Skype for Business, Lync)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers