Band 2 Bluetooth periodically off (greyed out), what can I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Band 2 Bluetooth periodically off (greyed out)

Hi I've recently upgraded to Band 2 from Band 1.

I've noticed that I don't always appear to be getting notifications coming through when they happen on the phone.
On closer inspection of the band, the Bluetooth symbol is greyed out (left hand side of main display) even though in settings Bluetooth is on and paired!?
I've noticed that this is not always the case and sometimes the bluetooth symbol is white.
Because of this I've having sync issues not only with the notifications but also with the data from the band to the phone.
I didn't have this issue with my previous band, so I know its not my phone.
Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Thanks in advance.

P

SquireHugh

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Band 2 Bluetooth periodically off (greyed out)

I am experiencing the exact same problem. I can force it to sync by rebooting bother the phone and band but check 10 min later and it's grey again.

Hi I've recently upgraded to Band 2 from Band 1.

I've noticed that I don't always appear to be getting notifications coming through when they happen on the phone.
On closer inspection of the band, the Bluetooth symbol is greyed out (left hand side of main display) even though in settings Bluetooth is on and paired!?
I've noticed that this is not always the case and sometimes the bluetooth symbol is white.
Because of this I've having sync issues not only with the notifications but also with the data from the band to the phone.
I didn't have this issue with my previous band, so I know its not my phone.
Anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Thanks in advance.

P

sargalicious

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I had the same symptoms on my band, managed to get it syncing again, but for all but text message notifications - nothing I could manage to do could bring them back! Microsoft have replaced it under warranty, and I'm now on my third band....not good at all:unhappy:

Dan Harris

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Is this definitely not a battery saving thing? I.E When the phone has something to send to the Band it connects as needed?

Not sure on that or whether Bluetooth being "On" or being "On and Connected" even affects battery life. I do notice it on my Band sometimes, but I still get alerts through at the correct time usually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deewinc