[BAND] How do you use yours?

Titaniumgiant

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I would think sleep monitoring also constitutes part of a healthy lifestyle monitoring....so I would say...yea it would fall under that...

Lyle K

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Although, the other features are interesting and I don't avoid them, I use the Band for health purposes.
Specifically, tracking my steps, HR (especially during exercise) and sleep.
I previously owned a Jawbone Up and I consider the Band a significant upgrade!
I have paired it with My Fitness Pal and after a week or two of getting adjusted to the changes (from Jawbones app), I really like this combination much better. I am seeing good results too! I haven't used the guided workouts yet but intend to soon.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I use it as a smartwatch (notifications, texts, etc.), the fitness part is what's a novelty to me.

Last edited:

Titaniumgiant

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm not new to fitness trackers. They DO help, if you use it as a tool and work at it. Just like any tool: buying a saw isn't going to make a back deck appear. :)

I use it as a fitness device to stave off middle aged spread and to keep the heart and body ticking along. I love the built-in GPS tracker; lots easier than using my phone and I don't have to take the phone with me all the time now. Personally, I don't have much use for the notifications, but I tell Cortana to take a note all the time while I'm driving. I don't use it for sleep tracking except occasionally when I feel guilty about not using it for sleep tracking -- it's just uncomfortable enough it tends to keep me awake.

My screen has no scratches, but the bezel sure does. Glossy black may not have been a good choice for that!

Yea I agree sleep tracking is one of the tricky ones cuz I remember it like every..3rd day LOL. Always forget it even though I have the band on my wrist....forget about it completely.

nmercy

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I use it pretty much all around, I get my notifications throughout the day, when I go on walks or go to the gym I use those features, when I go to bed at night I put it into sleep mode and make sure my vibrating alarm is set of the next day.
It's replaced my fitbit for all the fitness purposes and comes with the added benefits of letting me know when someone emails me or calls me (my ringer has been off since the Band launched).

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I bought it for the health and fitness aspect. I exercise nearly every day and it tracks so much more and much better than my Gear Fit. The smart watch aspect is a nice to have but I honestly have little use for Cortana on my wrist. I do like the phone and text notifications though, especially at work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124