[Band] Losing bluetooth connection - iphone6?

Mike 7

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
does anyone else lose their connection alot? today is the 4th time since i got the band that it tells me it cant find the paired band, make sure its in range, etc. Ive found myself unpairing and re-pairing previously, but now its getting downright annoying. Has anyone else sen this and have a quicker fix? I have restarted the band, the phone, bluetooth, nothing seems to get them to talk other than re-pairing them.

ZBoater

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I'm having the same issue. My band is going back, No reason to be fretting a Bluetooth connection these days. And it's probably the iPhone's fault. Apple broke a lot of Bluetooth accessories with the iPhone 6 and iOS 8.

But I need to talk on the phone more than I need to count my steps.

andrew.b

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Same here, it worked much more reliably on my iphone 5 even with iOS 8, but since I got an iphone 6 and even after resetting the band twice now, I lose the ability to bluetooth sync with the phone. It's happened in the morning twice so far in the last week. Resetting the band is the only thing that works. Band shows up in bluetooth in iOS (twice actually, once as the device serial number and once as Andrew's Band LE) but app won't sync. Really a shame, I liked it so much when it was working well.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Same here, it worked much more reliably on my iphone 5 even with iOS 8, but since I got an iphone 6 and even after resetting the band twice now, I lose the ability to bluetooth sync with the phone. It's happened in the morning twice so far in the last week. Resetting the band is the only thing that works. Band shows up in bluetooth in iOS (twice actually, once as the device serial number and once as Andrew's Band LE) but app won't sync. Really a shame, I liked it so much when it was working well.

My wife has an iphone 5c, NOT on ios8, and she left it charging this morning while we ran an errand or two. Got back home and had a terrible time getting it paired back up. Just like you, she has had it in her BT settings twice. Seems like as long as you don't lose the pairing, it will be fine. Although that is an unlikely situation.

andrew.b

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
For what it's worth, I've found that although when I try and force sync in the MS app using the sync icon, it sometimes or often fails, but if I just leave the app open in the background it does sync with the band often enough to be up to date within a few minutes after completing a workout, for example. So I'm not going to bother resetting the band and repairing any more, just leaving the app open in the background seems to keep it sync'd pretty well and I get notifications of SMS, calendar events etc on the band just fine 99% of the time. It does sound like resetting the network settings in iOS is the real fix for this though and the trouble lies with iOS and not the band.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
Make sure your Bluetooth LE connection shows connected. This connection is required for the app to sync with band. It is also needed for the app to push notifications to your band. Go to Bluetooth settings and click on the ***'s Band LE connection to connect it.

The standard connection will only allow caller id to push but not notifications.

gkcdundar

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I want to pull out my hair! My microsoft band and Microsoft health app on Iphone 6 doesn't sync at all! Bluetooth doesn't connect what so ever. Since January only one day it was connected and then nothing! This is so frustrating, I've tried reset, uninstalled the app from the iPhone, turn on and off Bluetooth on both devices and pairing! Nothing helped to solve this issue! I can't use the app at all. Btw, I got an update for the band via health app when I was trying to pair them but it still hasn't done! So slow :eck: Also, I'm losing the bluetooth connection literally every 3mins so I don't think that it would complete the update!

Derick Clack

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem, the minute the band goes out of range with the iphone, the Bluetooth connection is lost. I have figured out how to connect again without having to re-pair the band. You will notice that on the blue tooth settings on the iPhone there are 2 band Bluetooth entries and they both have to be connected in order for the band to sync on IOS. You need to "Connect" the Bluetooth entry that has the LE (Low Energy) in the name, once that is connected it will automatically connect the second Bluetooth connection.

I have been unable to figure out why there are two connections but this seems to work me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb