battery bulging or something else?

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

A while ago in the summer I got a permanent yellow transparent yellow stripe on my Surface Pro 1 screen at very right from top to bottom (but not entirely uniform). I think it happened when it was still hot and it was on and I was charging it.

At that time I read a post about it saying was due to the heat from the charging port that burned the screen or something like that. However, yesterday I read a post where someone said that a yellow stripe on the screen could be a first sign of battery bulging.

Here some more info from the battery report (the battery still seems good):
DESIGN CAPACITY 42,002 mWh
FULL CHARGE CAPACITY 35,083 mWh
CYCLE COUNT 429

So I was wondering is this battery bulging or is it something else that I can just ignore?

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
It seems so far to be something different than battery bulging, I guess some small engineering fault concerning the charge port and the screen.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can't tell whether the battery is expanding by software typically. You usually only really know when it starts breaking something. (e.g. interfering with trackpad usage on a MacBook) It's possibly the battery, but I'm not aware with any model specific flaws since it sounds like you went and did some homework.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
You can't tell whether the battery is expanding by software typically. You usually only really know when it starts breaking something. (e.g. interfering with trackpad usage on a MacBook) It's possibly the battery, but I'm not aware with any model specific flaws since it sounds like you went and did some homework.
, I missed your comment earlier. Thanks I appreciate the info. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo