Battery drain following April 2019 security update

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone else found that there's an extreme battery drain following Tuesday's monthly security update? I have not used my 950XL DS since I unplugged it, fully charged, from my car charger less than 3 hours ago and it's already down to 70% just sitting here on my desk. I've checked and there's nothing running in the background but it continues to drain. Was fine before the update.

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
I haven't noticed any difference so far on my lumia 950 XL SS, maybe a bit a early to tell. Still at 60% 11 hours after charging, usually charge it fully over night.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I haven't noticed any difference so far on my lumia 950 XL SS, maybe a bit a early to tell. Still at 60% 11 hours after charging, usually charge it fully over night.

Mine is at 53%, 4 hours after unplugging from the car charger fully charged. That said, I just tried (another) soft reset and it seems to have stabilized the drain.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I also found my battery draining much faster on my X3 since the last update.. I thought I was just imagining it... but normally I can forget to charge my X3 at night and still not go under 40% through the whole day till after work 6pm.. now it won't last since the update Tuesday. The long battery life on my X3 is ONE of the many reasons I keep my X3. hope it goes back to normal after it normalizes

NXTwoThou

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
In my particular case, every update(including some app updates) resets my backup settings. I have facebook/Instagram/music/etc turned off. If I don't, it gets stuck trying to back up several GB worth of data. The phone gets hot and the battery drain happens non-stop(as it never finishes the backup). Whenever my battery starts acting funny, it's the first section I go to and always find my settings jacked.

Senordingdong2K

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
My L950 is the same and it is infuriating. It is definitely since the last update but it is also getting worse. The phone sometimes overheats, sometimes shuts itself down but constantly gives inaccurate battery info.
It doesn't appear to be a back up issue, does anybody have any other ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon