Lumia 950 XL Battery Drain on Battery Saver Mode?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 950 XL Battery Drain on Battery Saver Mode

Lumia 950 XL Dual Sim
Build: 10586.164
Firmware: 16025.39005
Carrier: T-Mobile
Cortana: No
Windows Hello: Off
Glance: 30 Seconds

I'm not on any Windows Insider so I only have production public releases. After the update to .164 cumulatively (no hard reset to jump to this version if that is even possible)... my battery drain has been extreme with battery saver on. No apps are allowed to run when battery saver mode is on.

I put on battery saver at night before I go to sleep to prevent any notifications (i dont use quiet hours) and to prevent any background apps from running. I used to get 3-5% drain over 8-10 hours.

The last two days were in the extreme where I lost 20-25% battery over 6-7 hours with battery saver on. I always close off all the background apps too.

I haven't made any changes to my phone other than installing some new common applications. Battery usage says that the top uses are from LINE chat, Edge, and Outlook/Calendar, but those shouldn't be utilized in the background it in battery saver mode.

Hoping to not have to hard reset or start uninstalling my already small list of applications to find the culprit.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 950 XL Battery Drain on Battery Saver Mode

Lumia 950 XL Dual Sim
Build: 10586.164
Firmware: 16025.39005
Carrier: T-Mobile
Cortana: No
Windows Hello: Off
Glance: 30 Seconds

I'm not on any Windows Insider so I only have production public releases. After the update to .164 cumulatively (no hard reset to jump to this version if that is even possible)... my battery drain has been extreme with battery saver on. No apps are allowed to run when battery saver mode is on.

I put on battery saver at night before I go to sleep to prevent any notifications (i dont use quiet hours) and to prevent any background apps from running. I used to get 3-5% drain over 8-10 hours.

The last two days were in the extreme where I lost 20-25% battery over 6-7 hours with battery saver on. I always close off all the background apps too.

I haven't made any changes to my phone other than installing some new common applications. Battery usage says that the top uses are from LINE chat, Edge, and Outlook/Calendar, but those shouldn't be utilized in the background it in battery saver mode.

Hoping to not have to hard reset or start uninstalling my already small list of applications to find the culprit.

all 3 apps use internet, right? How about disabling wifi and cellular for a night and see what happens

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre