Battery drain problem after installing Win10! Any help please?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Battery drain problem after installing Win10 !

Upgraded to Windows 10 Full version from Windows 8.1 two days back. My battery drains in short span of time. I disabled the background apps. Still battery life is poor. Anybody pls help on this ?

Tomasz Michalski

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 930
Windows 10 version 10.0.10586.164 downloaded via Upgrade Advisor on March 17, 216.

After upgrading Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (.164) battery life dramatically decreased while using device (typing, browsing the Internet etc.) There was no such problem with W8.1.

I would like to strongly emphasize that mentioned issue has nothing common with device settings. All possible settings are switched to power save mode (!), all possible apps are upgraded to latest versions.

At the same time everything is fine with the lock screen (battery life is simillar as it used to be with W8.1).

Microsoft:
I have seen many people in many threads complaining about battery life time. I hope someone from Microsoft reads that. My deep request is to have some feedback if issue is known and if it is going to be fixed.
Or... maybe it is going to stay as it is? I would like to know that, if possible.

Lumia users:
My second request to all Lumia users with similar experience is to post here, to show Microsoft that it is not a single case.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett