Battery draining on new cumulative update .218 on 950XL, what could it be?

AshrafT

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Battery draining on new cumulative update .218 on 950XL

Since updated to build .218 battery usage has become terrible on my Lumia 950XL.
Battery draining very quickly.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Battery draining on new cumulative update .218 on 950XL

Since updated to build .218 battery usage has become terrible on my Lumia 950XL.
Battery draining very quickly.

Normal for first hours, caching and sync in progress.
Then check all background apps, they are set again all to on by default. And log out Skype Video

happylifes

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
I've got the same problem with my Lumia 950 dual sim. Since last weekend my battery performance is really bad. It was okay. But now my battery is empty before dinertime.

According to the 'batterylife information' I see that the problem is caused by the Mail & Calendar APP.

Hopefully Microsoft will solve this problem soon.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
reasons:

and: -skype

seriously just disable that thing from running in the background, its not worth it, keep using the old official skype

mark McWilliams

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 950ds on .218 and I had the battery drain. I had no idea what was going on so I went through settings and for some reason my device encryption was enabled for some reason,don't know maybe got turned on by default but now I've turned it off and it's gone back to normal so might wanna check it out.

jurisraudulis

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site

Same here for my 640xl,after update from 8.1 battery life is pretty bad,if previously i charged my phobe basi ally once in two days,now i do it once or twice a day. Not sure what causes it,might be skype,because i hade video call with my friend and in somewhere about 30 minutes i drained 20%. In general the whole Windows 10 experience has been poor,the phone is slower,some of the apps takes ages to be opened,not to mention all those bugs and lags... I hope microsoft solves all these issues soon because from loving my 640xl,i soon might start to hate it!

BrianCoe

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I just checked my battery use. Apps have been using 66% of the battery with mail and calendar using 55% of that. Edge uses most of the remainder. Everything else is less than 1% each. This looks like a glitch in the mail program to me.

terdferguson3

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site

Mines totally f'ed as well. Crazy battery drain. 13% an hour. Getting so tired of this.

Posted from my 950xl.........while on the can

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

Mines totally f'ed as well. Crazy battery drain. 13% an hour. Getting so tired of this.

Posted from my 950xl.........while on the can

1 - disable Onedrive video ulploads
2 - disable Photo "Show Onedrive pics"
3 - complete procedure for logging out Skype Video
4 - check your background apps: now are all ON by default. Disable the ones you don't use, first Skype and Edge
5 - wait a couple of days till phone stop sync and caching

mark McWilliams

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site

I've turned everything off in the background that I don't use turned off camera upload to one drive video etc. And finally got my hrly drain down to just over 6% an hr but even with the last build it took awhile for my battery to settle down and stop draining I think it might take my phone bout 5/6 days after an update but I'm not sure just kinda seems that way

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site

Just reading WC forums through Edge or the app drains my battery pretty much a % every 10 mins...

mhermann00

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I've an app that runs in the background, but it has neither an icon nor a name assigned (at the top of the background app list). I'm wondering what app this could be. However, switching off all the background apps increases battery runtime significantly!

mark McWilliams

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I did that exact thing last night then charged my phone to 100% before bed and unpluged it while I slept to see how bad my drain was and this morning it was 92% and that's pretty good but that's after going through settings and turning off everything I don't use and turning off things like location and stuff like that, that apps have permission for,I mean there's really stupid stuff that apps have permission for that makes no sense at all but now my battery life seems good

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I did that exact thing last night then charged my phone to 100% before bed and unpluged it while I slept to see how bad my drain was and this morning it was 92% and that's pretty good but that's after going through settings and turning off everything I don't use and turning off things like location and stuff like that, that apps have permission for,I mean there's really stupid stuff that apps have permission for that makes no sense at all but now my battery life seems good

That's a smartphone, not a microwave. There's always a minimum activity. First of all, locating and connecting to better 3g/4g cells for better service.
Location is used on most useful everyday apps, not only Maps

mark McWilliams

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
That's a smartphone, not a microwave. There's always a minimum activity. First of all, locating and connecting to better 3g/4g cells for better service.
Location is used on most useful everyday apps, not only Maps

I turned off location to things like extras and info and dumb stuff like messaging not maps. I turned off other stuff like microphone and dumb stuff that has permission to apps for no reason not my entire location service

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb