battery draining tooo... fast (lumia 1520) windows 10

zia fuzail

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
even though i am using normal daily apps no games no huge surfing..yet my 1520 is draining too fast and it is even getting heated up do no what to do . would the change of battery might solve the problem?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
even though i am using normal daily apps no games no huge surfing..yet my 1520 is draining too fast and it is even getting heated up do no what to do . would the change of battery might solve the problem?

This is an old list but might still work

A few things you can try out:
  1. Check settings >system > battery > which apps are using the most energy?
  2. Again, in battery section, which apps can run in the background? Can you disable those you don't need? Keep messaging enabled to run in background
  3. In battery section, you can also set up battery saver to kick in when the battery reaches a certain percentage. I keep mine on 100% so it's always on battery saver mode
  4. In mail app, how often do you have mails to sync? Generally the longer the time period, the less the battery usage
  5. What about brightness settings? Is it on high or auto? Auto is better than a fixed setting
  6. If you find that messaging app uses a lot of battery, this could be because it's linked with skype. Go to messaging app, settings and unlink skype – this is on the 10586 builds
  7. In photos app, do you have auto upload of photos enabled? If yes, try to not upload high res photos and videos unless you are charging the phone and on wifi
  8. When you use some apps that are not data heavy like whatsapp or mail, you can use a lower network speed like 2G. It's what I do usually. I only use LTE when I have to use 6tag
  9. If you're using edge for basic browsing, you could try using UC browser. Not only does it use less data but you can also disable images which means you save even more on data. The less data your phone has to receive, the less the energy used
  10. In settings > privacy - check each of those settings to see which apps can use what. For example I can't understand why Word would need to access location info so I disabled that. There might be apps using services that they are not meant to use
  11. Finally, keep wifi/cellular off when you don't need to have them on. The toggles in action centre are pretty fast so it doesn't take much time in switching internet on/off
  12. Disable auto update of apps, you only update when you are ready and not when you are in need of critical things
  13. For insider rings – reduce the amount of telemetry and feedback that you send – this can have a big impact
  14. If you have Cortana tile pinned to start screen, remove it

Hope this helps you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte