Battery life observation.

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
So I have noticed that my battery life on my Arrive has been falling. Battery saver says like 20 hours at 100% IDLE. I had a bad battery got a new one and its the same. So, I hard reset my phone. Now it says over 1 day. So, I am wondering now if just having free version apps installed effects battery life (there was an article on this) or something else is going on maybe facebook related?. Maybe something with radio firmware somehow. Anyone else noticing anything similar?

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
The time remaining stat is an estimation based on your typical usage. The software learns your patterns of usage and tells you how long it will last based on that. For example, part way through the day I'll spend a solid hour browsing the internet. Battery saver might tell me I have 60% remaining, and estimate it'll last me 10 hours. Then, if I leave my phone alone for ? hour and check my battery again, it might say I have 56% remaining and estimate it'll last me 13 hours, because my usage went down.

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
The time remaining stat is an estimation based on your typical usage. The software learns your patterns of usage and tells you how long it will last based on that. For example, part way through the day I'll spend a solid hour browsing the internet. Battery saver might tell me I have 60% remaining, and estimate it'll last me 10 hours. Then, if I leave my phone alone for ? hour and check my battery again, it might say I have 56% remaining and estimate it'll last me 13 hours, because my usage went down.

Ah, thank you, makes way more sense now. So is it a cumulative effect? Or does it reset after each charge?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
It mioght help if you would run the battery down to about emepty and then the recharge it and see if that helps. it should.

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
It mioght help if you would run the battery down to about emepty and then the recharge it and see if that helps. it should.

No, that's not true for Lithium-ion. Its the exact opposite actually. The greater the discharge the greater the wear on the battery.

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Exactly this. Though I don't use my phone that often, the average I had once after a full charge was 1 day and 17 hours or something like that. After about a week to a week and a half, of even less use I saw the calculation bump up even higher where it moved once to 2 days 22 hours after a full charge.

In some ways it's kind of a weird way to calculate remaining battery life. I mean it's technically accurate because it's telling you what you're gonna get based on the usage its observed from you. Yet then it makes people think their battery is failing or that the phone has horrible battery usage because it differs from other electronic products.

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Exactly this. Though I don't use my phone that often, the average I had once after a full charge was 1 day and 17 hours or something like that. After about a week to a week and a half, of even less use I saw the calculation bump up even higher where it moved once to 2 days 22 hours after a full charge.

In some ways it's kind of a weird way to calculate remaining battery life. I mean it's technically accurate because it's telling you what you're gonna get based on the usage its observed from you. Yet then it makes people think their battery is failing or that the phone has horrible battery usage because it differs from other electronic products.

I knew my battery was failing because cadex said so

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo