Battery replacement?

blackbriar511

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone, I've had my original Focus going on 13 months now, I was wondering if its time to replace the battery. Yesterday It took forever to charge up, and started doing strange things like the charging icon blinking on and off when the phone wasn't being charged. It would also restart when I wanted it turned off, not to mention the annoying low battery indicator chime that would sound off forever until it stopped on its on. Any suggestions to what I should do would be appreciated.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My Focus had started to give me battery problems. A full charge wouldn't get me through the day. It also wouldn't report the battery life accurately. The hour and a half my phone was off charge while I got ready for work and drove to it, my battery would drop from 100% to like 20%. But then it would slightly increase during the morning, but I would need to charge it all day at work, even if I wasn't using the phone, or the phone would shut off on me.

The fix for me was a new battery. $3.95 on eBay with free shipping.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

blackbriar511

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
My Focus had started to give me battery problems. A full charge wouldn't get me through the day. It also wouldn't report the battery life accurately. The hour and a half my phone was off charge while I got ready for work and drove to it, my battery would drop from 100% to like 20%. But then it would slightly increase during the morning, but I would need to charge it all day at work, even if I wasn't using the phone, or the phone would shut off on me.

The fix for me was a new battery. $3.95 on eBay with free shipping.

Thanks friend.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
....The fix for me was a new battery. $3.95 on eBay with free shipping.

Please be cautious of cheap batteries with free shipping on eBay. Over the years, I have seen too many pictures of phones destroyed by a leaking battery. I am not saying yours is bad, but just be cautious.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the original Focus battery and two Maximal Power backups I got from Amazon a year ago. I paid $14 for the two batteries then; the last time I checked they were two for $7. All three batteries work about as well as they did a year ago.

Edit, 6 Sept: Sorry, I'm wrong that they're Maximal Powers; I confused them with my Lumix camera backup. My Focus batteries are brandless.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon