Battery Status on Glance Screen

PJL99

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I've just updated to 10.0.14393.67. The battery icon (that used to display charging status, battery status, or just the battery) is not on the glance screen like it was before. Is this a change with the update or is it some setting that I set (wrong). (I did changes some settings so maybe I changed something incorrectly to cause the battery icon on the glance screen to not be shown.) It's occurring on two 950XLs that have all settings the same. Can anyone offer any information? Thank you.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
depends on where you sourced it from ... old BATTERY SAVER tile used to show realtime charge status - not available currently (I miss it).

PJL99

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
depends on where you sourced it from ... old BATTERY SAVER tile used to show realtime charge status - not available currently (I miss it).
I'm not sure what you mean by "sourced it from." I never installed any app if that's what you're saying. It just showed on the screen.

chinni subhash

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Just like you even I have observed this. We don't see battery status in glance screen now while charging. It is a bug and we need to report it in feedback hub. NOt only ur phone every other phone with latest update has this prob. I have 950 XL so same prob

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what you mean by "sourced it from." I never installed any app if that's what you're saying. It just showed on the screen.
Under Lock Screen settings, there's an option to select 5 Quick Status notifications. Currently my Battery level is derived from selecting TimeMe Tile ... but there are other apps which will display Battery % on Lock Screen.
In the past, the Battery Saver Live Tile would display Battery charge % & it updated most frequently. That's no longer an option for Lock Screen, and Battery Tile pinned to Start does NOT display Battery %.

I do show Battery % on Lock & Glance screen (Lumia 1520 w 10.0.14393.82).
To get that, if it does NOT display, I had to do a Soft Reset.

PJL99

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Under Lock Screen settings, there's an option to select 5 Quick Status notifications. Currently my Battery level is derived from selecting TimeMe Tile ... but there are other apps which will display Battery % on Lock Screen.
In the past, the Battery Saver Live Tile would display Battery charge % & it updated most frequently. That's no longer an option for Lock Screen, and Battery Tile pinned to Start does NOT display Battery %.

I do show Battery % on Lock & Glance screen (Lumia 1520 w 10.0.14393.82).
To get that, if it does NOT display, I had to do a Soft Reset.
So it now requires an app for the display. chinni subhash confirmed they are seeing the same behavior. Thanks for that confirmation.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
So it now requires an app for the display. chinni subhash confirmed they are seeing the same behavior. Thanks for that confirmation.

I think it always required an entry in Quik Status, not there by default - but, I could be wrong & have been, before.

Martin Zone

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
The problem is the icon was there, after the AU is not. No settings can change that, as the icon was on the glance screen, just by the time. Only icon showing there is for an active alarm, before there was icon for battery charging and ringer mute/vibrate only. The latter two are not there any more, for what reason, only MS knows.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Originally posted by MDK22
Originally Posted by PJL99

I think it always required an entry in Quik Status, not there by default - but, I could be wrong & have been, before.

It was always there by default. Yes, its damned annoying. I cant think of any reason why it was removed. I guess it could be the ability to keep glance on when charging, thus negating the need for it. There are a couple of half decent apps though. Battery X is OK but gets the discharge wrong and takes great pleasure in notifying you. Turn it off and its an ok battery app, with Glance icon. It's the one i use as the app has a myriad of battery analysis!

Martin Zone

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
But the problem if you have to spent one app to show on the glance, 4 to go. Before the battery and ringer mute was there regardless of chosen quick info icons. I still cannot believe they removed them...

PJL99

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I reported this in the feedback hub. Everyone who cares should do the same.

The same thing happened with an insider build awhile back. I abandoned insider builds when I installed the DTTW firmware update.

I'm noticing that the shutdown is take a LONG time too. This was fixed in an update prior to 14393.67 but it's back now too!

Can't Microsoft get their build process right? They fix something that was broken and then break it again in the next build. This is POOR software configuration management!

Last edited:

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I reported this in the feedback hub. Everyone who cares should do the same.

The same thing happened with an insider build awhile back. I abandoned insider builds when I installed the DTTW firmware update.

I'm noticing that the shutdown is take a LONG time too. This was fixed in an update prior to 14393.67 but it's back now too!

Can't Microsoft get their build process right? They fix something that was broken and then break it again in the next build. This is POOR software configuration management!

Yep, definitely on the shutdown/build quality. I had to reboot my phone three times today, to get BT working, and twice it hung, on shutdown, indefinitely (okay, so one I did a soft-reset around 5 minutes, but one I forgot about, it must've been at least 15 before reset). 1 of the 3 shut down on their own, long time but more like 2 minutes long.
It's weird, not even configuration management (I've done a LOT of software dev/test design) and this seems more like a simple regression test pass, that's not being run, which is bizarre, I know things have "slimmed down", but I'm sure they're doing unit-tests and at least automated-regressions, right?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Fyi, battery status was never showed on the glance screen, "unless" the phone was being charged.

Yes, seems like they removed it once they replace the glance app with built-in glance in AU. There are loads of complaints in feedback hub about this, please up vote.

Main problem with me is, I have glance set to time out in 15 mins, so it's difficult to tell whether the phone is charging, unless I bend down and look below the phone for the tiny LED on the dt-900, or I unlock the screen.

JRDEMASKUS

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
The app I use is called Hardware Tests.
To show battery % on Glance screen, choose Hardware tests for one of the notification icons.
Works well if you have the open slot.
Should be a function of the OS.

HARDWARE TESTS also has the ability to run a live tile on the home screen.
In addition to battery, the live tile shows the connection speed of your data.
Not sure if It is true or not, but it is one of those nice to have items.

HT fails to see the RAM installed in my 950XL. The rest of The app is supposed to test the various device hardware.

PJL99

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Fyi, battery status was never showed on the glance screen, "unless" the phone was being charged.

Yes, seems like they removed it once they replace the glance app with built-in glance in AU. There are loads of complaints in feedback hub about this, please up vote.

Main problem with me is, I have glance set to time out in 15 mins, so it's difficult to tell whether the phone is charging, unless I bend down and look below the phone for the tiny LED on the dt-900, or I unlock the screen.

This may be the case for you, but not for me and others as reported earlier in this thread. Current battery status (charging, battery save, or not) was shown on the glance screen until this update (although a prior insider build removed it also and reverting to a full release build brought it back).

gnlswan

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I also have a 950XL and am experiencing the same. It seems like the battery status was there after the AU and disappeared when I did a soft reset this morning. I have posted the problem on the Feedback Hub. I hope MS fixes this in the next monthly update.

PJL99

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I also have a 950XL and am experiencing the same. It seems like the battery status was there after the AU and disappeared when I did a soft reset this morning. I have posted the problem on the Feedback Hub. I hope MS fixes this in the next monthly update.
Thank you for confirming the status. The more posting in the Feedback Hub the better!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)