Bay Trail arrives, the Atom Z3000 series - up to Quad HD screen, quad core CPU, 4GB DDR3 RAM, CS, In

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Well they seem to be projecting up to $599 so depending on the config they may be cheaper. They can't charge too much anyway because low power Haswell won't be much more expensive so if they price them too high they won't sell.

Insti Gator

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm excited to get my hands on these and see how they perform!
Glad to see they get DDR3 support - Much better than antiquated DDR2.
Graphic support should be improved as well.

Now on the other side :
What's all the hype? It just seems like the next step. I mean it's an improvement no doubt but 10 hour battery life vs 8/9 hours?

Also this article got me : Intel Bay Trail: Laptop-Tablet Hybrids Might Actually Keep Up Now

The author says, "Bay Trail chips are a step up in graphics power too; they actually have the same integrated graphics that last year's laptops did."

Which laptops exactly?! That is the biggest blanket statement I've ever heard! Some laptops from last year were running clover trail Atoms. Specifically I want to know what level graphics power these new chips have.

I am still very excited for the future, I guess all this reviewing and reporting everyone is doing without hard stats makes it pointless and frustrating since all anybody is saying is this or that should be better, I want to know exactly how! lol

Doctor Pork

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Bay trail certainly is a huge improvement over Clover trail when it comes to performance, and given the face that I got Unreal Tournament to work on clover trail, you should definitiely be able to run some older pc games on a hybrid tablet with bay trail. I am a bit interested in how bay trail compares to the Haswell Y series in fanless designs. This sounds interesting too:

HP Spectre 13 X2 - Laptops - CNET Reviews

The current bay trail chips still seem to use eMMc memory in the tablet editions, and the most frustrating performance issues I've had with Clover trail is usually due to the storage performance totally crashing for a while and not the CPU.

Insti Gator

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The only thing about these new bay trail tablets is that they are all coming with Z3740 instead of the benchmarked Z3770. So what is the performance difference with the lower clocked Z3740?

The Asus transformer t100 mentioned earlier : Hands-on: Asus Transformer Book T100 $349 Windows 8.1 tablet (with keyboard) - Liliputing
And the new iconia w4 : Bay Trail-Powered Acer Iconia W4 Tablet Makes Appearance

They both have the lower Z3740

The Dell Venue 11 comes with the top end Z3770.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077