Best and worst Xbox Live games of 2011

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm working on an article about the best Xbox Live games that came out this year, as well as the worst. I thought it might be fun if you guys pitched in and we listed the reader selections too.

Here's how it works:

• Post your picks for the 5 best WP7 Xbox Live games and 5 worst WP7 Xbox Live games, all in a single post.
  • The games must have come out during 2011, so many launch titles are ruled out.
  • If in doubt about the release date, either search our site to see when we posted about it, or search for the game's Release Data at gamefaqs.com.
  • Deadline for entry is Friday, December 23. The most common responses (not individual responses) will be featured in an article.

When the article is ready in the last week of December, I'll include the 5 most common answers in each category.

Last edited:

a box of fish

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Top 5
GeoDefense
Plants VS Zombies
Doodle Jump
Angry Birds
Hydro Thunder Go

(looks like Must Have Games was good to me :p)

Bottom 5
Enigmo
Super Monkey Ball
Castlevania
Cro-Mag rally
Ghostscape

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Top 5
5. Angry Birds
4. Kinectimals
3. Minesweeper/Sudoku (can you count them as one, since they came out together?)
2. geoDefence
1. Plants vs Zombies

Bottom 5
5. Fight Game: Rivals
4. Castlevania
3. Tentacles
2. Super Monkey Ball
1. Beards & Beaks

I haven't played them all, though, so there might be a few worse ones. I know numbers one and two are terrible, though.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Here's a complete list of every 2011 game, so you don't put one from 2010.

I'd suggest using CTRL+F and typing in a game that is on your mind. If it shows up in the list, it is from 2011. If not, it was released last year. Enjoy and hope this helps!

- Shuffle Party
- Hasta La Muerte
- Farm Frenzy 2
- Ghostscape
- Lets Golf 2
- Kinectimals
- Orbital
- Jet Car Stunts WP
- Fusion: Sentient
- Burn the Rope
- Implode!
- Gravity Guy
- Collapse
- Fight Game: Rivals
- IonBallEX
- Sudoku
- Minesweeper
- Cro-Mag Rally
- Beards & Beaks
- Tentacles
- Sallys Salon LE
- Angry Birds
- PvZ
- Sonic 4 Episode 1
- Pac-Man CE DX
- geoDefense
- Doodle Jump
- Enigmo
- Harbor Master
- Super Monkey Ball
- Hydro Thunder GO
- Fable: Coin Golf
- Game Room - Asteroids
- Game Room - Pitfall!
- Game Room - Centipede
- i Love Katamari
- Full House Poker
- Deer Hunter 3D
- PES 2011 - Pro Evolution
- Burn It All!
- Zombie Attack! 2
- Tiki Towers
- Castlevania Puzzles: Encore of the Night
- I Dig It

Also, I didn't put "Live Extras" and "Companion App" in there, since I figured that they don't count as games.

Terrin

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Top 5 Games
1. GeoDefense * my favorite wp7 game so far*
2.PVZ
3. Hydro Thunder Go
4.Fable Coin Golf
5.Implode

Worst
1.Super Monkey Ball * I tried many times to like this but can never get the controls to work*
2.Fusion *I tried to like it, it had so much potential with cross platform ideas and the glitched achievements pushed it over the edge
3.Cro-Mag rally *problem is I didn't wanna put it on here as I felt bad for the developer its just that the game is roughly 5 years old and adding it to a 2011 lineup just made it not good graphically and original the controls were worse then what they are
4.Castlevania *simple reason is my fingers keep hitting more then one gem when playing if that didn't happen I wouldn't have added it*
5.PES 2011 *not a big soccer fan thats the only reason

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the input so far, guys! We will probably turn this into a contest, assuming the prizes come through. So please post your lists, people who have abstained so far. You might get some cool prize if it all works out.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
3.Cro-Mag rally *problem is I didn't wanna put it on here as I felt bad for the developer its just that the game is roughly 5 years old and adding it to a 2011 lineup just made it not good graphically and original the controls were worse then what they are

5 years old? Try a decade. It was preinstalled on the second generation iBook back in 2000.

zeke1676

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
My Top 5

1. PvsZ (the only game i have played from start to finish 3 times)
2. Farm Frenzy 2 (even with the glitched achievement i still loved it)
3. Angry Birds
4. Implode
5. Sally's Salon

My Bottom 5

1. Cro-Mag Rally
2. Game Room-Centipede
3. Doodle Jump
4. Minesweeper
5. Fight Game: Rivals

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Can I amend my list? I just bought Hydro Thunder GO and I am ridiculously impressed. I didn't even know they had games like this on WP. I'd just like to knock off Angry Birds. :)

That'd make my list:

Top 5
5. Hydro Thunder GO
4. Kinectimals
3. Minesweeper/Sudoku (can you count them as one, since they came out together?)
2. geoDefence
1. Plants vs Zombies

captaineye

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Arent there some games missing from the list? Didnt Who wants to be a millionaire come out this year?

My favs are...
1, Plants vs Zombies
2, Geo defense
3, Fable coin golf
4, Kinectimals
5, Angry birds

Worst....

1, Beards and beaks
2, Super Monkey Ball
3, i Love Katamari

Would of brought alot more but due to the games being glitchy with acheivements etc.
and Microsoft not even bothering to fix them (or let patches sit in certification for months).
The main reason for Microsoft charging so much more for an iphone/android port was xbox live features and for many games these features dont bloody work!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
BEST:
Kinectimals
Tentacles
PvZ
Sonic 4 Episode 1
Angry Birds

WORST
Game Room - Pitfall! (worse than all the other ones combined)
Cro-Mag Rally
Pac-Man CE DX
i Love Katamari
Doodle Jump

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Best- Geo Defense, Lets Golf 2, Fruit Ninja

Worst- Enigmo, Ghostscape

Would have put angry birds in the best, but no updates?!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786