Best Facebook App for Nokia 928

cristianocr7

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I never get notifications and have tried Facebook for Windows and Facebook Beta?

What is the Best Facebook app? Oh - same issues with Twitter too...

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Best is relative, which is worse might be a better question.
Official Windows facefoot is worse than the Windows Beta facefoot app

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Did you go into the FB app and actually turn on the notifications? I agree that they are wildly inconsistent and I can't find a logic behind when I do get a notice or not, but I do get SOME.

deku13

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I switch regularly between a Droid and my 928 and my fb notifications don't work on either correctly. I'm thinking its a fb problem more than the app.

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Did you go into the FB app and actually turn on the notifications? I agree that they are wildly inconsistent and I can't find a logic behind when I do get a notice or not, but I do get SOME.

I finally figured out the pattern with mine using FB Beta. The app will show notifications when opened (likes, posts, etc), but usually not on the live tile, lock screen, or push notifications. They are still all counted though and then when someone else comments on a post that I've also commented on, that notification comes through to the live tile, lock screen, and push notification PLUS all the previous notifications since the last time it happened. So I get no notifications and then get like 20, but of those 20 I already have seen most of the likes or whatever it was.

Not that it means anything to me or helps me fix it, but I noticed the pattern, lol.

chefster74

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I now have 4 FB apps on my awesome black 928. My biggest complaint about the other 3 is that if you go in and make a comment and back out it always puts you back at the top of the page. I've also looked at a picture or profile and it won't let me back out. Mostly FB apps seem to suck. I hate that. However, this is the first app that puts you right back where you left off! It also seems to be smoother scrolling than any of the others. I do have one I paid for but don't see it in the store and it still works. It's the one I just gave up for this one. If I still like it tomorrow, lol, I'll get the paid version.
Bottom line, so far it's the best app I've used!

Sureshr

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I believe its a problem with WP OS. I don't get push notifications regularly for many apps. For FB, I never got a push/toast notification. I hope this would get better in 8.1 which introduces notification center for Windows phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christinaenth