Best music streaming app?

elohel

Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
What do you guys think is the best music streaming app (for music you already own) for WP? I'm a long-time android user and I have thousands of songs in my google music account. I SORELY miss good music from my android phone. I've tried a few google music apps for WP, but they just flat-out suck. Cloudmuzik is constantly randomly stopping songs or refusing to connect to my account, Gooroovster crashes at least once every 5 minutes. I'd just like to transition away from google music and find another app that will allow me to upload music and stream. Any suggestions?

Thanks

bikertomk

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
XBox Music will match whatever you have on your PC and allow you to play it via their cloud. However, I'm not sure if that requires a paid account or not. I am an XBox annual pass user and love the service. I like being able to immediately download entire albums and enjoy them w/o any extra fees. $99/year is WAY less than when I was in my prime of buying 1-3 CDs per week.

edv2009

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. I was around the $100 a month buying CDs. I still miss the whole experience of opening a cd, and reading the liner notes and lyrics tho...

But yes, u should be able to stream music thru Xbox Music without a subscription, just can't download.

Samst22

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I think streaming through xbox music requires a subscription. It's silly because windows 8 automatically pulls cloud music to my laptop, but you need the subscription to get it on your phone.

jefbeard911

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I think streaming through xbox music requires a subscription. It's silly because windows 8 automatically pulls cloud music to my laptop, but you need the subscription to get it on your phone.

I belive you are correct. Xbox music requires a subscription on a Windows Phone, but it's free on a WIn8 laptop. I know cuz I can stream free on my Asus VivoBook. Not sure of the logic but it is what it is.. I use Nokia Music+ to stream. Yeah, it's free but you only get a few skips an hour and low quality audio. For 3.99 month I get lyrics, unlimited skips, and high quality auto. Worth it for me personally.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss