Best way to upgrade Lumia 535 to windows 10

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Which is the best way to upgrade my lumia 535 to windows 10 so all inbuild apps work flawlessly/perfect?? Calendar tile, email sync, people app, skype preview etc.
I don't care about app backup and if it is possible clean install.
From wdrt to 8.1, after that all updates at 8.1 and after that with upgrade advisor to 10 and then??
Step by step can somebody tell me?? 1st... 2nd...etc. I am sick with bugs...

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yes, that is the best way. Use upgrade advisor, run it, go to phone update and update. After that, some people hard reset.

A way that can be foolproof for you is to do what you said essentially. Factory reset/WDRT to 8.1, download upgrade advisor, run it, and then go to phone update to update to 10..

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Starting from 8.1.

I would just use the Upgrade Advisor and upgrade normally and cross my fingers.
If issues persist I would hard reset.

Although if you don't want bugs, Windows 10 Mobile is the wrong OS for you. (don't get me wrong, some people don't have issues and will emphasize that, but it doesn't mean you won't see issues. There's still rough edges once you get beneath the smooth, tiled surface.)

dontedon

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
You mean steps are:
1. hard reset,
2. wdrt to 8.1,
3. without more updates from apps and 8.1 software?? download "upgrade advisor" from store and upgrade to windows 10??,
4.after that should i make hard reset windows 10 to have clean install software or i will have problems with calendar and mail app?
5.after that should i stop apps from getting updated and let first windows 10 software being updated??
6.skype preview will work perfectly, cause now it lags at videocall and i see some green screen.
I want to do one more time <<format>> and no more.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Aww I love you guys too!

My steps are: (Do know, there IS NO magic "bug free" method.)

1) Install and use Upgrade Advisor
2) Upgrade to 10, you may have to upgrade one more time to be up-to-date. (you should not stay on 10586.107 if that's the version you initially end up on - find this number in Settings > About)
3) Go to Store and make sure all the apps update.
4) OPTIONAL: If there are issues, erase the phone. (NOT using WDRT)

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Which is the best way to upgrade my lumia 535 to windows 10 so all inbuild apps work flawlessly/perfect?? Calendar tile, email sync, people app, skype preview etc.
I don't care about app backup and if it is possible clean install.
From wdrt to 8.1, after that all updates at 8.1 and after that with upgrade advisor to 10 and then??
Step by step can somebody tell me?? 1st... 2nd...etc. I am sick with bugs...

I would not suggest hard reset.
The best thing to do would be this:

Use Lumia recovery tool. Reset the device.
Do not back up. Just sign in through your account, you shall automatically get your contacts and messages and stuff.
Do not instal apps, delete all of them you can instead.
Download upgrade advisor.
Update.

Congratulations. You have perfect windows 10. :)

dontedon

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
After many many attempts I roll back to 8.1.
Battery drain no way compare to windows 10,
built in apps (which i work) are working flawlessly and live tiles as well,
skype is working perfect,
os 8.1 is smoother on rolling than os 10.
Microsoft has not done good job on upgrades, maybe on lumia 950, 950 xl, 650 where windows 10 is native is working really good but as an upgrade I totally get disappointed.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6