Best weather app for wp8

ssarma

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I recently purchased WeatherFlow. The app looks absolutely fantastic, but its very unreliable and doesn't function as expected.
I am curious to know more about other weather apps out there that exploit the wp8 features and yet provide accurate predictions. For example, with weather flow, i like its lock screen, live tile, current location features and its ui in general! I am also upset about nothing being done to update the issues in the app!
Any suggestions?

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I like the WeatherFlow; the customisable tiles are really nice and I like the comparison between today and yesterday with the advice when to carry an umbrella. HOWEVER, the live tiles never seem to update for some reason. I don't have this problem with Amazing Weather HD.

Is there any other app that shows a today vs yesterday comparison on the tile?

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I've permanently switched from WeatherFlow to Amazing weather HD, it's one of the only apps to have the lock screen function as well and thats what I wanted the most.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I use WeatherBug but that's because I am familiar with it from the old Windows Mobile days. I have tried others but keep coming back to this one. Not as flashy as some but does the job for me.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I've permanently switched from WeatherFlow to Amazing weather HD, it's one of the only apps to have the lock screen function as well and thats what I wanted the most.
Hm last time I checked Weather Flow has had lockscreen support since awhile ago.. but Amazing weather seems legit too.

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Also, for good weather lockscreen support, Lock Manager is what I use. Every weather app seemed to have all but one thing that I wanted until I read about Lock Manager on WPC. It has a very simple display and allows you to use selected images (rotates every hour) as the background picture.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I have tried a few of the free apps and have settled on AccuWeather. Wish it had a feature or two added, but does support the lockscreen feature. Updates as it should and can do either location specific, or current location if travelling. Live tile looks great.

RetroMan71

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently looking for a new weather app, BING weather seems to go mental sometimes. At the moment, the app says Mostly Clear/Blue Sky when actually it is dull with light rain.. LOL!!! typical weather report.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I use WeatherBug but that's because I am familiar with it from the old Windows Mobile days. I have tried others but keep coming back to this one. Not as flashy as some but does the job for me.

Me as well. I like the almanac with day/month/year to date info. Haven't found any other app that presents that info. Radar pages load and animate well.

Wish they would put out a paid ad-free version like they have on Android.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb