Best Windows Phone in 2018

SvenJ

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean favorite Win 10 Mobile device, or Windows Phone. Like Satya, my Windows Phone is made by Apple. It has Outlook, Office, Bing, Skype, Cortana, OneNote, Xbox, MS Authenticator, MS ToDo, MSN News, MS Translator and a host of other MS apps/services. Groove still plays local songs. (it really should support OneDrive*) What it doesn't have is tiles. I miss them, but sooner or later you have to cut bait.

*Hmm, looks like it may support OneDrive. There is an option to filter for songs from there.

John Hitt

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
On Verizon, no Windows phones being sold. I definitely not going to drop 5 to 800 on a device that is scheduled for extinction. I am on Android, it's OK. Microsoft gave up on me. I keep a 930 in my dresser drawer as a back up.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Not sure these relentless threads/discussions are gonna prevent the inevitable from happening. And pretty sad when we have to seek out a 15+ month old phone (and that's only one, 18+ months before there's a next) in attempt to find the best, if those are ones pick. Besides, the way I look at it the "Best Windows Phone in 2018" is the one YOU own.

Soumya93

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I'm still using lumia 640xl.
Most of the time it hangs and cannot be used when update goes wrong. Mostly in Windows 10 Mobile
In one instance I can't even hard reset it.
So frustrating so I changed it back to 8.1
Via PC
My daily driver is still a android phone but I use my lumia only for photography and music

Brett McMicken

May 1, 2017
Visit site
I had switched to android a few months ago and, while I don't hate android, I missed my 640XL. Today I switched back to my WP after a long deliberation. I just like the windows phone better.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I will be on Windows Phone to the bitter end and still like my Lumia 650 too. I just bought a Idol 4s last week and do like the larger screen. The 4gig ram and faster processor do help the phone run a little smoother and programs will stay in memory for quicker recovery. I like the continuum also. Does most everything I need as my pc needs are light.

rick18

Jan 21, 2018
Visit site
Microsoft Lumia 950 XL. I love the dual sim, in addition to all the other great hardware specs (some still top shelf even for a 2-year old phone).

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
its still my 950XL cos it works.
I use continuum at work more than I think I would since leaving my laptop in the house.
The economy here is not rosy, people don't buy flagship phones that often. More often its midrange budget android

There are a couple of times I thought I'd swing over to Android. That was when I thought I get a drone, but that has passed as too many restrictions & NFZ has since been gazetted. A bummer.

So its back to my trusty 950XL. The camera is seldom beaten. I got a couple of spare batteries... I'd say I'm good for another year.. at least

... !

Last edited:

Lucamd

Feb 4, 2018
Visit site
Lumia 1520, recently upgraded to win 10, because 8.1 really become a pain.
Really disappointed that win 10 mobile is not in ms development plans.
My phone is robust enough for the job.
I'm not an android fan.
When the time comes, it will be an iPhone...

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
using 950XL still and works like a charm, no matter what Nutella does, i'm sticking with this bad boy, it's working great for me.

DSR11

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I was about to scrap my lumia 640, butttt....I somehow found a handful of lumia 650s being sold on ebay...in gently used condition from one of those small time cell shop resellers, and I figured hey let me bid $20, and if I lose, no biggie, and if I win, I lose $20 on a backup phone.

Of course I won at less than $20, because no one wants these damn things, so I now have a nice, gently used lumia 650 to migrate to....and so far, its not tooo bad after about a week of use.

Funny thing is, It still has some of the same similar quirks, plus a couple new ones. For one, I am able to install all of my apps and games on the internal memory, which is a def. plus, as now everything runs nice an smooth.

Big and new negative I am seeing now is that the bluetooth is really really glitchy. I have 4 or so Bluetooth devices, including my car, and twice now I've had to reboot the 650 as my fails to connect, which never happened on lumia 640, as well as my BT headphones which also never failed either....Honestly, I can't win....overall it feels smoother, but its still runs buggy to me....still freezes here and there when looking at pics, or trying to click on links, ane edge still crashes on tons of pages.

Anyone else still have issues with Edge?? Or is it just me?

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Edge crashes are less on my Idol 4s than my 650, thinking that the added ram in Idol helps with that.
My Bluetooth works fine, just have to make sure my Plantronics headset is off when trying to connect with anything using sound such as my Lithonia downlight speaker or ford sync in car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria