[Beta] Dicty - Learning from lock screen

pocison

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
LogoWithName200.png

Edit: App is now available in store: Dicty App

Dicty is a free and simple app that allows you to choose dictionary with terms that will be displayed in form of text and wallpaper on your lock screen. Terms on lock screen are changing automatically, so you can get fresh knowledge and inspiration every time you unlock your smartphone. I was already writing about this app in Windows Phone Apps forum. I uploaded the app as beta to store and I am searching for beta testers. Please write me pm with your liveid if you are interested ;-)

Features:
- Browsing categories of dictionaries
- Choosing dictionary to learn from
- Learning terms by browsing them in app
- Learning terms on lock screen during unlocking phone

Last edited:

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Dicty is a free and simple app that allows you to choose dictionary with terms that will be displayed in form of text and wallpaper on your lock screen. Terms on lock screen are changing automatically, so you can get fresh knowledge and inspiration every time you unlock your smartphone. I was already writing about this app in Windows Phone Apps forum. I uploaded the app as beta to store and I am searching for beta testers. Please write me pm with your liveid if you are interested ;-)

Features:

- Browsing categories of dictionaries

- Choosing dictionary to learn from

- Learning terms by browsing them in app

- Learning terms on lock screen during unlocking phone

Count me in. Pmed you.

pocison

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Great - I added you and send you link to the app. It can take some time before the app will be updated in store (1-2h). Anyone else?

pocison

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
amitnahar:
Do you mean that lock screen is not changing? Lock screen should change every 30 minutes, but it may drift by up to 10 minutes (due to background functionality in Windows Phone)

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
amitnahar:
Do you mean that lock screen is not changing? Lock screen should change every 30 minutes, but it may drift by up to 10 minutes (due to background functionality in Windows Phone)

Ok. I am using Interesting Facts dictionary and the lock screen is not changing for last 4 hours. Infact it's the same since the time I installed the app.

pocison

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Ok. I am using Interesting Facts dictionary and the lock screen is not changing for last 4 hours. Infact it's the same since the time I installed the app.

Thank you for this important info! I installed app from store and indeed it is not changing at all. I will try to fix this ASAP. This is kind of weird because it is working when I installed the same package directly from PC.

pocison

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for this important info! I installed app from store and indeed it is not changing at all. I will try to fix this ASAP. This is kind of weird because it is working when I installed the same package directly from PC.

I fixed and updated app on the store - please reinstall the app and check if it is ok right now ;-)

pocison

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Thank You guys for testing the app! I was very busy last year and I guess I didn't have motivation to finish this app. Nevertheless I added ability to create own dictionaries and published this app finally. You can find it under "Dicty - Learn from Lockscreen" name in store or with this link: Dicty App. Any feedback appreciated :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05