wallpaper offset in full screen mode, here is a template to fix that

monedetoune

May 17, 2013
Visit site
okay, I don't know if this has been posted here or not, so if it has, I am sorry for making another post but if it hasn't, enjoy these

situation -
wallpaper on start screen will be offset when we use the full screen picture mode, thus if we use the same picture for lock screen and start screen it will not have the same size nor alignment. see pictures below

lock screen
wp_ss_20161029_0002.jpg
start screen
wp_ss_20161029_0001.jpg

so I used some grid images to identify how the offset is managed by windows and created a template so that we can make wallpapers that will be consistent in appearance both in lock screen as well as start screen

here is the template as viewed in illustrator
Screenshot (32).png

the green area will nest the wallpaper used in the lock screen, the red will nest the area for the start screen. here it is in action on my phone
lock screen
wp_ss_20161028_0001.jpg
start screen
wp_ss_20161028_0003.jpg
both screens displays a consistent placement of the wallpaper in terms of alignment and size.
use slice to slice both areas and save each slice according to the resolution of your screen, i.e on a lumia 950, I will save both at 1440x2560

I hope you guys can use this. have a nice day

attached is the illustrator file for the template

View attachment wallpaper template.zip

Gameboy cartoon image is from a very talented graphic artist @cronobreaker at deviantart.com

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720