Bing and Foxnews team up. Bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know that only Negros can be appalled at black-on-black crime. Where was Hannity's outrage? Beck's? "Obama has destroyed this country" is the craziest catch-phrase I've ever heard. We can agree to disagree, but please, don't get personal. My finger's getting itchy around the ignore button.

I'm supposed to care if you decide to ignore me because you don't like the truth? Still not quite sure where I was getting personal with you, unless you ARE Obama....hmm...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Wow...do you really need to use the word Negros? Its 2013....not the early 1900s.

Absolutely no offense. When I was growing up in the 70's, Negro was the word I always heard. I came from a Spanish-speaking home and Negro was, and still is, the word used to describe the race. Try to understand that Hispanics from the Caribbean were exposed to "blacks" from other countries and other heritages other than American. I never knew what racism was until I came to this country. To think that one man felt he was entitled to OWN another human was as foreign to me as I was to this country.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh sharpton does get a lot of black support, Jessie Jackson too. It was so great that when they both tried to run for president they only got 8 - 10% of the black vote. LMAO Shows you right there black folk don't blindly follow skin color and race issues like some belief. Study was done and showed that blacks are the most diverse voters in the U.S. hands down. The only voting block that has voted in people from all racial spectrum's with majority votes.

The Black community is as hard as the Latino community when it comes to predicting votes and views on issues. Thats why when someone says we lean a specific direction most times they are wrong. Just like they are wrong when they say blacks got Obama into office, The truth is the broad diverse voting block across several races got him into office. Their isn't enough black people in America to ever vote someone into office by ourselves.

The news on both sides is as crappy and ignorant as they can be, and if thats how you get your news and views it will show in your ignorance. The news Houses once were about the truth and to just tell the story, that day has passed and now it's about slants, control, and spreading ignorance about all things.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have to say people and the relatively civil discourse on this topic. It is what I was hoping could be accomplished in this forum. Thank you WPCentral. We do have super contributors that visit here. Thanks. You make me proud.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I have to say people and the relatively civil discourse on this topic. It is what I was hoping could be accomplished in this forum. Thank you WPCentral. We do have super contributors that visit here. Thanks. You make me proud.

In everyone's defense though, you kinda started it with the title of this thread. "Bing and Fox News team up. Bad idea?" which pretty much implies that there's something wrong with partnering with Fox News.

Or you just don't want Bing to grow, which if you're here, makes no sense.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
In everyone's defense though, you kinda started it with the title of this thread. "Bing and Fox News team up. Bad idea?" which pretty much implies that there's something wrong with partnering with Fox News.

Gotta agree with this.

The concept behind the thread was kind of inflammatory.

Not that it was INTENDED that way... but often these kinds of things aren't intended in a bad way. But an assumption comes that the general world view of everyone coincides with one's own world view can make that mistake easy. So if you're surrounded by people who all think that there's something inherently more wrong with Fox News than others, then a statement such as the OP's could come easily and naturally: completely oblivious to the fact that may be insulting to many.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I didn't think the thread would evolve the way it did. My first reaction to the title was more of the business nature. When two companies join forces, their history together can sometimes define them for ages. That's what I thought the OP's question was about.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Gotta agree with this.

The concept behind the thread was kind of inflammatory.

Not that it was INTENDED that way... but often these kinds of things aren't intended in a bad way. But an assumption comes that the general world view of everyone coincides with one's own world view can make that mistake easy. So if you're surrounded by people who all think that there's something inherently more wrong with Fox News than others, then a statement such as the OP's could come easily and naturally: completely oblivious to the fact that may be insulting to many.

And not just Fox News, really anything political to a certain extent. If the OP had said CNN or MSNBC, I would've had the same assumption, especially based on his lack of context where he just said "is it bad?" then gave us a link.

Since he asked "is this bad?" , he's implying that there's something that could be bad. So he would've had to either A) think that Bing is bad and he's worried about the quality of Fox News B) dislike partnerships (which makes no sense) or C) think Fox News is bad and doesn't want Bing to suffer, which I think most people took it that way, which is a fair assumption based on the lack of context the OP gave.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Don't assume motives. I'm asking the question.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

You were told how it comes across. The language used creates an assumption.

It's like asking, "Is the 920's weight a problem?"

The weight is assumed to be an issue in the question.

If you don't want people to assume you could provide clarity.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

This makes no sense whatsoever. You can't ask a question, not give us context, then not like it when we take assumptions for ourselves because you didn't make your question clear.

Is is bad that Bing and Fox News are teaming up? If I don't assume what you mean by this, then I have no idea what the hell you're asking. Is it bad that Bing partnered with someone? No. Is it bad that they chose Fox News over other news stations? Not unless you're a huge fan of another news station.

To say "is this bad?" then not ask what's bad about it is asking an impossible question.

To give an example: Is it bad that this pencil is made of wood? Impossible to answer. Is it bad that this pencil is made out of wood because that makes it non reusable? That's an easier question to answer because there's a motive to it.

So stop being weird and vague and tell us, what do YOU think about this? What makes this seem possibly bad to you? Either answer this question and give us context (motive) or leave the conversation.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
This makes no sense whatsoever. You can't ask a question, not give us context, then not like it when we take assumptions for ourselves because you didn't make your question clear.

Is is bad that Bing and Fox News are teaming up? If I don't assume what you mean by this, then I have no idea what the hell you're asking. Is it bad that Bing partnered with someone? No. Is it bad that they chose Fox News over other news stations? Not unless you're a huge fan of another news station.

To say "is this bad?" then not ask what's bad about it is asking an impossible question.

To give an example: Is it bad that this pencil is made of wood? Impossible to answer. Is it bad that this pencil is made out of wood because that makes it non reusable? That's an easier question to answer because there's a motive to it.

So stop being weird and vague and tell us, what do YOU think about this? What makes this seem possibly bad to you? Either answer this question and give us context (motive) or leave the conversation.

This is a ridiculous proposition. That's like answering your own question. The OP asked a question, if YOU are confused about the query you reply "What do you mean?". There were enough responses to warrant an open discussion which basically means that you are the one who's welcome to leave the conversation.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
This is a ridiculous proposition. That's like answering your own question. The OP asked a question, if YOU are confused about the query you reply "What do you mean?". There were enough responses to warrant an open discussion which basically means that you are the one who's welcome to leave the conversation.

Its not answering your own question. It's giving your opinion, giving context, telling us what part of the question he wants us to answer instead of just shooting off in random directions.

I suggest you read the entire thread again because it sounds like you haven't. If you did, you would know that the OP asked a potentially inflammatory question, didn't clarify what he meant, then commented how there was tons of civil discourse. I'm not confused about the question. I understand it, its just that it makes no sense because it lacks context.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett