Bing and Foxnews team up. Bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Bing.com And FOX News Team up Again To Bring Real-time Online Polling To News Content
"Microsoft Bing.com today announced their partnership with Fox News Channel once again to bring real-time online polling during various news programs.
REDMOND, Wash., Sept. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ ? Bing.com and FOX News Channel (FNC) are teaming up on the Bing Pulse online voting tool, enabling viewers to share their opinions and reactions to news commentary in real time online at Special Report - Bing Politics. With the new feature, viewers will have the opportunity to interact with the panel segment on FNC?s ?Special Report with Bret Baier? (weeknights at 6 p.m. ET) to offer their feedback instantaneously."

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I am not from the US ... can someone explain why it could be a bad idea? Thx

Fox News has a bit of reputation (up to the individual to determine if valid or not) of being completely OTT with its message. Personally, I find the personalities on Fox News mildly entertaining, even if I don't take alot of what they say seriously. However, all the 24 hour news stations have personalities that grate on your nerves. So its nor exclusive to FN.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am not from the US ... can someone explain why it could be a bad idea? Thx

Fox News has the reputation of being biased towards the conservative side of US politics, which has a bit of an image problem with some. At least how I see it from the outside.

Can't please everyone, the partnership will be OK to some, OH NO to others.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Fox News has the reputation of being biased towards the conservative side of US politics, which has a bit of an image problem with some. At least how I see it from the outside.

Can't please everyone, the partnership will be OK to some, OH NO to others.

And most conservatives would say the same about liberal bias on ALL other news networks.

It's just a matter of political opinion. Fox tends to be more blunt and "honest" with their conservatism in their opinion shows. While other stations try to come across as objective, but really are far from it. Objective journalism is gone at least in the US.

Microsoft should make any partnerships they can with news organizations etc to boost their Bing brand.

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Its hard news programming is the fairest out there. The ratings prove it. The opinion programming is definitely right wing.

Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Such as? And a link would be great.
I'm not posting links, but their support of al sharpton is good enough, that dude is the ultimate racist, and until the black community realizes they are being used by these douchebags, racism will run rampant.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not posting links, but their support of al sharpton is good enough, that dude is the ultimate racist, and until the black community realizes they are being used by these douchebags, racism will run rampant.

Doesn't Al Sharpton work for MSNBC? And its a bit of a generalization to suggest the black community and their support (or alleged support because not all of us do) of a public figure is the lone reason racism "run rampant"

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Smart move. Their ratings destroy competing cable news outlets. I'm Conservative, and admit their OPINION shows slant Right, but the opinion shows of other networks slant Left. The news portion of Fox News is pretty fair no matter what anyone tells you.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I think that its a great idea! While I may not agree with 100% of what Fox News says, if you had to pick a station, why not go to the highest rated one in the US? Sometimes I think that other news stations like to pretend that Fox News is a small band of conservative nuts while ignoring the fact that their show pales in comparison. So basically Fox News is the popular kid that people love to hate because its super popular (Apple anyone?)

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
The political arguement does not concern me. Those arguments are almost as pointless as arguing about mobile devices ;)

MSFT does need to get Bing as far reaching as possible. Hopping into the arm-chair CEO seat I believe they should emphasize their greatest strengths. That wonderful image of the day and Bing Rewards. Other than that a search engine is a search engine is a search engine..

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't Al Sharpton work for MSNBC? And its a bit of a generalization to suggest the black community and their support (or alleged support because not all of us do) of a public figure is the lone reason racism "run rampant"

My point being is that they continue to propagate racist belief when there is none. And ignore the outrage if it's not if their race.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Rev. Al has his show on MSNBC at 6:00PM ET. I watch his show sometimes waiting for mama to finish in the kitchen. I don't see any racism in his remarks. I agree that support for a particular activist by a particular race or ethnicity does not propagate racism in any way, shape or form. I listen to Tom Joyner in the AM and I can never get enough of Earth, Wind & Fire, Barry, Luther or Marvin. I guess that makes me an honorary Brutha and by default, I am racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)