Bing Missed Opportunity's vs Google

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I am in the UK and for the last week Google has been all over the news for their tiny tax bill they have to pay. Google has been cursed on chat shows on the radio, the newspapers, basically everything has been bad press for google.
None of the newsreaders seem to think there's an alternative to Google and only a few phone in discussions have people mentioned Bing.
Basically what I don't understand is, WHERE is Microsoft?
Surely this is the time that Microsoft should have full page ads in the news paper showing the Bing homepage with a Try this for search. A couple of television ads showing family's using Bing.
Microsoft could have got another few million Bing users overnight. Microsoft seem way way to slow, they are snail like.
Just wondered what everyone thinks...

telomoyo

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Also, remember that bing still has few bugs. Msft doesn't want to make the mistake of advertising it, and then have people be turned off by the performance. MSFT is waiting for something...what that is? We don't know, but let's hope the company knows what it's doing.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I know that over the years, many times when someone has an awful time with Bing (especially in all the related fields - maps, local, etc) it turns out they are outside of the USA.

MS can't seem to decide if they are in the field or not. Half measures just don't win in the end.

Cosmyc

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Here in Spain I have friends that even think Bing is a malware type search engine that has to be removed.
Incredible but true, people seem to think google is the only good option.

EasilyTheBest

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Well I have used Bing for an age now and find it great in the UK. I have a few friends who use it to and love it. It's still ridiculous that most people have never heard of it tho. I really wonder what Microsoft is thinking.
Is it something to do with the European courts charging Google with having a monopoly and Microsoft doesn't want any more market share yet...

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
And the UK has a strong Windows Phone presence!!!

I am in the UK and for the last week Google has been all over the news for their tiny tax bill they have to pay. Google has been cursed on chat shows on the radio, the newspapers, basically everything has been bad press for google.
None of the newsreaders seem to think there's an alternative to Google and only a few phone in discussions have people mentioned Bing.
Basically what I don't understand is, WHERE is Microsoft?
Surely this is the time that Microsoft should have full page ads in the news paper showing the Bing homepage with a Try this for search. A couple of television ads showing family's using Bing.
Microsoft could have got another few million Bing users overnight. Microsoft seem way way to slow, they are snail like.
Just wondered what everyone thinks...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I suspect that many people are using Bing for the Rewards. That is only available in the US, which might also affect market share.

StaticXCC

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I suspect that many people are using Bing for the Rewards. That is only available in the US, which might also affect market share.

I'm one of those people. I actually hate the results Bing gives me, but hey, rewards. So I'll run my search on Bing first, more than half the time hate the results, then run the search again on Google and get what I want. Every time I try the Bing It On website, I tend to get 4 Google, 1 Bing results.

Microsoft has a LOT of catching up to do if it hopes to compete technologically with Google.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss