Blending SP3 with a BlackBerry Passport

jrohland

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Got a BlackBerry Passport on day one (2014-09-24). The first step was to switch devices from my BlackBerry Z30. I had been having trouble doing backup and restore with BlackBerry Link on my Surface Pro 3 (SP3). To solve that I changed the Z30 and Passport USB Connection to Connect to Windows rather than Autodetect (Settings-->Storage and Access, pull down the list labeled USB Connection and change to Connect to Windows). That fixed the problem with Link on the SP3 and allowed me to switch devices.

Next was testing Blend. The great news is Blend works very well on the SP3. I can now access my Hub, BBM, SMS, Calendar, Contacts and File Manager from my Passport on my SP3. That means rather than setup all my email and social accounts on my Surface and phone, I need only set them up on the phone and can access them all from my Surface with the excellent BlackBerry security and connectivity. Even while away from Wi-Fi, I just turn on HotSpot on my phone and I have full access to the Web and all my accounts from my SP3 using the LTE connection on my phone.

In short, the Passport and Surface Pro 3 are an excellent combination for the mobile business professional.

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Got a BlackBerry Passport on day one (2014-09-24). The first step was to switch devices from my BlackBerry Z30. I had been having trouble doing backup and restore with BlackBerry Link on my Surface Pro 3 (SP3). To solve that I changed the Z30 and Passport USB Connection to Connect to Windows rather than Autodetect (Settings-->Storage and Access, pull down the list labeled USB Connection and change to Connect to Windows). That fixed the problem with Link on the SP3 and allowed me to switch devices.

Next was testing Blend. The great news is Blend works very well on the SP3. I can now access my Hub, BBM, SMS, Calendar, Contacts and File Manager from my Passport on my SP3. That means rather than setup all my email and social accounts on my Surface and phone, I need only set them up on the phone and can access them all from my Surface with the excellent BlackBerry security and connectivity. Even while away from Wi-Fi, I just turn on HotSpot on my phone and I have full access to the Web and all my accounts from my SP3 using the LTE connection on my phone.

In short, the Passport and Surface Pro 3 are an excellent combination for the mobile business professional.

Looking forward to the next OS update on my Z30 so I can try it out on my SP3.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android on a BlackBerry Z30

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
You people don't use windows phones? I always thought Lumia and surface are best combos. Have yet to demo a passport tho. Looks sexy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljwsrvv