BlOps 3 or Fallout 4?

Skittle Milk

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
This question goes out to all my Xbox-toting comrades. Being that I can only afford one brand new game right now before we near the end of the month, which game is more bang for my buck, should I buy Black Ops 3 or go ahead and preorder Fallout 4? Eventually I will own both but I want some other opinions on what y'all might do if you were in my shoes, or what you did being in my shoes and why? Thanks in advance!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to WIndowsCentral.

I've moved your thread to the Xbox Console Gaming forum, since fellow Xbox gamers will be better able to offer their advice here.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Both are incredibly different games and genres. For me - I'm picking Fallout 4. I'll get way more playtime out of it and not get frustrated with it as I would with a Call of Duty game.

If you like multiplayer a lot - get BLOPS3. If you like immersive single player experiences get Fallout 4.

Also - Fallout 4 will come with Fallout 3 as well.

Skittle Milk

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Both are incredibly different games and genres. For me - I'm picking Fallout 4. I'll get way more playtime out of it and not get frustrated with it as I would with a Call of Duty game.

I went ahead and preordered Fallout 4 for the time being and for exactly the reasons you stated. Sure, COD games are fun and I do enjoy the multiplayer bouts but that's what I have Titanfall for (which I snagged for $5.00, btw. Gotta love Deals With Gold.) I will get more bang for my buck I feel with Fallout 4. I will be busy with it for years to come I'm sure. Hell even Skyrim isn't completely dead. And to top it all of, the digital preorder comes with a copy of Fallout 3, which will be playable on the XBone as of November 12th. That's two enormous games for the price of one, albeit a brand new copy of Fallout 3 is like $20.00 but that's neither here nor there. Fallout 4 will retain my attention for a longer period of time and thusly, it came out on top.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
They're really different games. If you enjoy both equally, I'd get Fallout 4. You could put hundreds of hours into that. Plus, you get Fallout 3 (if you got the One version of Fallout 4). Lots of other COD games to play (as well as the awesome Halo 5).

I'm saying a big no for Battlefront at $60. When it gets to $20-30, then yes. It's MP only and has very little content. Sure, if you like to do the same thing over and over and over again on the same few maps, then it's good. The Stars Wars hook wears off after awhile and then it becomes another shooter.

You can also play the full version of Battlefront right now for $5 which gets you 1 month of EA Access and 10 hours of Battlefront.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos