BLU Win Jr. LTE's Display vs. Lumia 635's

BennyX

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
How does this phone's screen compare to the Lumia 635's with regards to fingerprints, view angle, vibrancy, screen sensitivity, etc.? Does Nokia's Clearblack & Gorilla Glass on the 635 beat out BLU's 'Infinite View Technology'?

BLU Win Jr. LTE vs Lumia 635:

BLU phone pros:
-front camera
-flash
-SD410 processor instead of 400 (making it slightly more battery efficient, with a slightly better GPU, and it supports 64-bit OS though that really doesn't matter at the moment).
-dual SIM (for some people, that matters)

BLU phone cons:
- not possible to try out the WP10 preview. Dependent on BLU to release Win 10 update when ready.
- no Lumia apps/Nokia firmware updates (which won't matter once Win 10 comes out anyhow, as supposedly every phone will have the same stock apps).

635 has on-screen navigation 'buttons'. BLU phone has dedicated capacitive, backlit (?) buttons. I've noticed on games such as Asphalt 8, those onscreen navigation buttons don't go away, which make the screen size seem smaller or 'squished' in comparison to the BLU's.

Which do you people think is the better phone?

Last edited:

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How does this phone's screen compare to the Lumia 635's with regards to fingerprints, view angle, vibrancy, screen sensitivity, etc.? Does Nokia's Clearblack & Gorilla Glass on the 635 beat out BLU's 'Infinite View Technology'?

BLU Win Jr. LTE vs Lumia 635:

BLU phone pros:
-front camera
-flash
-SD410 processor instead of 400 (making it slightly more battery efficient, with a slightly better GPU, and it supports 64-bit OS though that really doesn't matter at the moment).

BLU phone cons:
- not possible to try out the WP10 preview. Dependent on BLU to release Win 10 update when ready.
- no Lumia apps/Nokia firmware updates (which won't matter once Win 10 comes out anyhow, as supposedly every phone will have the same stock apps).

635 has on-screen navigation 'buttons'. BLU phone has dedicated capacitive, backlit (?) buttons. I've noticed on games such as Asphalt 8, those onscreen navigation buttons don't go away, which make the screen size seem smaller or 'squished' in comparison to the BLU's.

Which do you people think is the better phone?

"Clearblack" makes little difference on the Lumia 635 display. Never tried Blu Win Jr. LTE, but the 635 did have a slightly better display than the original Jr ... Why not wait for Lumia 640, it is supposed to be $89 on T-Mobile XD

BennyX

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Why not wait for Lumia 640, it is supposed to be $89 on T-Mobile XD

I'm in Canada, which means it will likely cost close to $200 (if Microsoft's ridiculous pricing schemes haven't changed). Hard to justify that much $$ for a low-end phone in 2015. (As an example, the 635 is still $150+tax here at the MS Store.)

Last edited:

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
As a new Blu owner, I am liking this Jr over my 830 - a lot! The display between the 830 and Jr, on paper-specs looks a lot different, in real life use, not so much.

Well, I just discovered one thing I am not so nuts about though, optical stabilization for the camera. The Blu-Jr asked, what's that?

Just took a pic of a loaf of bread, but the loaf must have been camera-shy and moving, as it came out blurred. :)

BennyX

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
As a new Blu owner, I am liking this Jr over my 830 - a lot! The display between the 830 and Jr, on paper-specs looks a lot different, in real life use, not so much.

Well, I just discovered one thing I am not so nuts about though, optical stabilization for the camera. The Blu-Jr asked, what's that?

Just took a pic of a loaf of bread, but the loaf must have been camera-shy and moving, as it came out blurred. :)

Sounds like you encountered Schr?dinger's Loaf, the superpositioned loaf of bread impossible to get a clear picture of!

the_moesiah

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'd rather rely on BLU for the W10 update than a carrier. You'd probably get it quicker since they are pretty good at releasing updates. All of this is moot though since M$ announced that they would be handling those updates themselves.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss