Bluetooth 4.0 confirmed!

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Neato. I thought it was strange that it was originally listed as only having 3.1 so this is a welcomed update.
Yes it is, i think Nokia could not give the spec untill the devices where certified, also Bluetooth 3.1 does not exist.

Bluetooth v1.0 and v1.0B
Bluetooth v1.1
Bluetooth v1.2
Bluetooth v2.0 + EDR
Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR
Bluetooth v3.0 + HS
Bluetooth v4.0

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Excuse my ignorance but what advantages does BT 4.0 have? Why is it a big deal?

Not sure but, if you were buying a new device, wouldn't you want it to support the newest tech possable ?

4.0 devices might not be the main stream right now but, 6 months down the line ?

TheDoros

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I got a minute to break away from work. From the little I could gather it looks like the major differentiating factor for BT 4.0 is that it requires almost no power to be used. Which is why they use it in those nike+ sensors for runners.

That's all I could gather for now.

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
For people who use it a lot it will make difference not consuming as much battery as previous versions, it will also be faster than most versions and the most important it will be compatible with new accesoires that use 4.0 like smartwatches, heart rate monitors and so on.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
4.0 supports low power devices such as the new fitbit which can run 4-6 months before needing a new battery. 4.0 will be important as self tracking becomes a bigger thing among other things.

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
For people who use it a lot it will make difference not consuming as much battery as previous versions, it will also be faster than most versions and the most important it will be compatible with new accesoires that use 4.0 like smartwatches, heart rate monitors and more.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750