Bluetooth Headset - opiniones needed.

Zerveone

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Firstly i'd like to say Hello! to everyone, as I'm new here (lurked wpcentral forums for 2 months before).

I haven't found any accessories forum so my topic lands here.
I'm a Lumia 800 owner (love it) and i need some help as i do like riding a bike. Right now i'm using stock headphones provided by Nokia with my phone to enjoy my rides. It's a bit frustrating that the provided headset has just a single button to answer/end calls and stops/resumes music, as i keep my Lumia safe in my backpack. You can imagine that every volume correction or track change ends with me comming to a stop, unpinning two safety belts from my backpack, taking it off my back, unzipping the pocket and finally getting to my Lumia. Not only it's irritating but often there are no conditions to do this (I'm often riding roads without roadsides so it's not safe to stop there).
Today i started to think about buying myself a bluetooth headset and i'd love to hear some opinions about it.
Firstly, is it true that bluetooth connected headset loses it's audio quality? I'm not an audiophile and i don't require superb music quality when i'm riding my bike (as i'm using those stock Nokia headphones), so to clarify my question - is the quality loss even visible if using poor quality headsets? I'm talking about earbud headphones (not really sure how to distinct them, as my english is not that good), not about those, that go deep into Your ear.
Secondly, how's the battery life? Is it severely reduced? I don't really know the impact of bluetooth on battery life as i haven't used bluetooth for a long time. My standard battery time is 1.5 up to 2 days without charging (moderate use i think). I often go on 5-6 hour rides using endomondo simultaneously. Will my lumia handle that long, playing music over BT?
As i went trough WPcentral headsets section my pick would be SE MW600 BT headset (with switched headphones - the stock Nokia ones).

Wish to get any response from the comunity :)
Hope i wrote it on correct boards. Sorry about my english, it's not my native language.
Thanks!

thrmacho

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I recently bought MW609, and so far I am pleased with it. It can give you 6 hours of playback, but I never tried that long.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I use a Plantronics 903+. The sound quality is amazing for the price. The right ear main button starts/pauses music, and the left handles calls with a long-press initiating TellMe. It also has independent volume control but the track skip function won't work, but I've yet to find a remote that does.