bluetooth sharing question (WM10)

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I want to move some documents & photo's from my Lumia 950 to a windows 10 laptop (has Bluetooth, dell venue 11 pro 7140). Normally I would use my usb cable but that doesn't work anymore (it only charges now, I already carefully cleaned the usb ports but that didn't help and of course tried other laptops, also same cable as before and tried different usb cables too by the way).
Anyway, so I figured sharing through Bluetooth might be a good idea. I can successfully pair both devices (both devices show that the Bluetooth connection is established) but the Lumia 950 is not visible in "This PC" explorer page or in the "Network" page on the laptop. How to get to the phone files on laptop?

Thanks for taking the time.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
For the PC to receive a file right click the BT icon and select receive a file, waiting for a connection pops up, then start the transfer from the phone.
For the PC to send a file you can start with the file to share, right click it, send to, bluetooth device, and select the phone.

Once paired with a laptop of tablet that is all that is needed. The connection does not have to be
maintained so the phone disconnects. They will be paired, they will not show connected.
If you initiate a transfer the devices connect again and do the transfer.
Phone is connected via BT so it will never show up in your network or in explorer.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, using the 'share' button on the phone now shows Bluetooth too and the transfer works. I guess I didn't thought of using 'share' first cause normally I don't have Bluetooth on so it doesn't show the share by Bluetooth option than.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Wouldn't OneDrive be an easier solution?
, no I don't want all that stuff on the cloud, besides that for me onedrive can be a bit glitchy (sometimes I have to upload to onedrive twice before it does anything) and Bluetooth is easier for me (no need to log in on a local account and browse onedrive).

You could copy the files to the micro-SD card.. then take that out of the phone, put it into a card reader, and plug that into your PC.

... !
, good idea, though the micro-SD port is not on the outside of the phone it seems so I would have to remove the cover + protective cover etc. But good idea for transferring lots of files.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs