Bought my first windows phone yesterday, and i'm speechless!

Dennisgarcia

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
So i've been huge on iOS since the last 4 years. while i'm definitely what you call an "apple ******". For the last few weeks, i had been wanting a fresh device in the palm of my hands. I despise android with a passion so that was no option. I had always been curious about windows. My fianc? owned a 925 for a few weeks and i loved it. The OS was fresh, new and the camera on it was amazing. I began thinking "do i want to upgrade to the iPhone 6 next month?" Im sure it'll have the same 8MP camera only "better" and the screen will be bigger yes, but i'm quite happy with my 5S. I said to hell with it. I want a phone with a great camera. I went to my local AT&T and picked up a Nokia Lumia 1020 in black. While at first I wasn't too sure i would be using this as much as i would my iPhone (i have an adapter which allows me to switch between both phones, I can't stray from my iPhone) the new 8.1 update really has made the 1020 my daily driver for sure. The swipe gestures, notification center and that amazing camera really brought it to a higher standard than what i thought my iPhone was. I'm going to be keeping both phones and use them continuously as i use my phones til there battery dies, I can just switch out whenever one of them dies. All in all, I'm extremely happy about my purchase and hope to come over around these parts more often :)

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It's great to see you're enjoying your new 1020 and we'd love to see you around these parts more often!

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Good to hear your enjoying your new Lumia 1020. WP is constantly growing and would get better and better as time passes. I'm sure you'll love the live folders when you update to WP 8.1 Update 1. :smile:

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Welcome onboard. I'm glad that your Windows Phone experience is a delightful one. WP continues to get better. Enjoy your new phone.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums. Great to see another satisfied user. I hope the device continues to live up to your expectations. Any questions, then the helpful community here is always at hand ;)

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Enjoy! I recommend getting either the camera grip case or the qi case. Camera grip allows mounting to a tripod, dedicated camera button, and an extra battery built in, the qi case enables wireless charging. My wife has both.

KSilcox

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I had a 1020 prior to my 1520 and it is a great phone! I'm glad you decided to take a chance on WP. They are great devices. Welcome.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WP Central forums, Always nice to have new members join in, ask questions and post in the thread's.
Good Luck :smile: