Brackets Settings for RAW

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I need to know from someone who is somewhat into using the higher end Windows Phone cameras for photography what bracket settings you used when shooting RAW files for HDR and your EV ?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What phone?

For instance on my 830 the same +/- ev is more pronounced than on my 1520. On 1520 I like to go +/-3.0 in ProShot for most lighting situations, but on 830 it oversaturates as the camera gathers more light.

Of course if you are bracketing on Lumia Camera, +/-2.0 is the max. Overall ProShot gives more bracketing options over a wider range.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have any examples, how many images did you take, how did you merge ?

On ProShot the images get merged by the App. On Lumia Camera 5 if you use Rich Capture and no flash it will merge images.

I always use 3. Any more may be nicer, but processing time may matter as well, so I just have always stuck with the default of 3.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's doing the merger automatically. I believe it uses the DNG from the sensor and outputs the result as a JPG. However, it does not leave the DNG captures.

If you want to edit the DNG off camera and on desktop, use Lumia Camera 5 and Rich Capture with flash forced off. Also set for DNG capture. Then go back in after the merger and your 3 DNG files will be preserved for later manipulation.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't Lumia Camera takes the three images and merges them automatically into a RAW file ?

No.

Lumia Camera 5 using Rich Capture takes 3 DNG pics (if you set the camera to capture DNG) and merges them into one JPG. The three separate DNG files are still on the phone.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
No.

Lumia Camera 5 using Rich Capture takes 3 DNG pics (if you set the camera to capture DNG) and merges them into one JPG. The three separate DNG files are still on the phone.

I took a picture with rich capture on and there were only two DNG's created, one one with the prefix Rich_HighRes, the other Rich_HighRes.shortexp. Bracketing was set to -1 EV to +1EV. I also set the bracketing to -0.5 EV to +0.5 EV for experimentation and only two DNG files were created as well.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I took a picture with rich capture on and there were only two DNG's created, one one with the prefix Rich_HighRes, the other Rich_HighRes.shortexp. Bracketing was set to -1 EV to +1EV. I also set the bracketing to -0.5 EV to +0.5 EV for experimentation and only two DNG files were created as well.

Sorry, I don't know how to do what you did so I don't have any answer for it...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No. The minimum bracketing is 3. I don't know how you got 2 and I never saw a file ending .shortexp... I have no idea where you are at and no desire to follow.

I know what you want and have tried patiently to state how to arrive there. You may need a Hard Reset or an update to your camera App or something... I don't know where you are going wrong so I can't talk you back from there. I've viewed the files on my PC many a time and not seen what you are reporting.

ReprobusR

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
No. The minimum bracketing is 3. I don't know how you got 2 and I never saw a file ending .shortexp... I have no idea where you are at and no desire to follow.

I know what you want and have tried patiently to state how to arrive there. You may need a Hard Reset or an update to your camera App or something... I don't know where you are going wrong so I can't talk you back from there. I've viewed the files on my PC many a time and not seen what you are reporting.

If you have no desire to follow, then this can't be resolved, right !

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The minimum bracketing is 3, on what ? :straight:

On any camera App I have used to make HDR photos the minimum # of brackets is 3. One at autoexposure for a baseline, one at +ev value and one at -ev value based on what you select... For example one baseline, one +0.5ev and one -0.5ev.

How you get only two exposures when asking for HDR with a +/-ev is beyond my know how and comprehension. I've no idea how to replicate that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss