Bricked my WP7 updating to 7.8 using SevenEighter

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I was excited and was updating my LG Quantum and HTC HD7 to WP7.8 and I didn't click ANY Languages and didn't test the Quantum before I proceeded to the HD7. Now both phones can't open half the settings, can't connect to wifi, and overall is a horrid experience. I can't use the Seven Eighter again or manually install CABs because my PC, CAB Installer, Zune, and Seven Eigther don't recognize ANY of my devices as windows phones! HELP! I wanted to give the phones to my younger brother.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
You are supposed to select languages. I selected all Languages for my Lumia 800 and my Moms HTC Trophy.

Last edited:

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok well thanks for giving your 100% to help me, did you read my post? I know now that you're supposed to select languages, but now my PC, Zune, and Seven Eigther doesn't even recognize my phone, I can't update ANYTHING whatsoever. Any way around it WPCentral Community?

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi Flagz!

You'll need to push all updates and languages that Seven-Eighter should have pushed by using the cab sender.

What version did you have prior to your attempt to update?

Do you recall the languages that were under display language?

EDIT: You're unable to see phone connected in anyway to your computer?

EDIT2: I don't see why your computer won't be able to see them since there was no firmware, or boot loader changes... As far as I know. You could try and hard reset the devices - If you can't using the menus, use the power on hard reset for each device.
found the languages the default hd7 had on another thread, PC won't recognize phone in cab updater at all. Same with Zune and seven eighter. Hard reset to no avail, those were my first options so I did them first thing.

purefire21

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
On my Samsung Focus S I only selected English (US) language and everything when great. I think by selecting all of the language slows down your phone so I only pick the language I speak.

Ridlah

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but that phone might have not had mango on board I recall an LG windows phone that never even got mango SevenEighter is made to update the phone from Mango and I got to 7.8 with only selecting english even though I had more language packs

Jason Velocity

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I encountered issues pushing the update, and ended up having to reinstall the original ROM, and then running two years worth of updates before successfully updating to 7.8

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I encountered issues pushing the update, and ended up having to reinstall the original ROM, and then running two years worth of updates before successfully updating to 7.8

So, was that like 1 or maybe 2 additional updates before 7.8 instal? :) Mine was 0. Lucky to have a Titan I guess.

OP- Hard reset is the easiest way to go. Start fresh.

p_c_user

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Same situation here, used seven eighter to update my htc radar mango. It updated but I can't open my sms messages and some settings. It goes back to the home screen. I already done a hard reset. In 5 tries, suddenly Zune detected my phone but it says there is no new update. Then I tried using seven eighter. After selecting languages, immediately, it says it's all done. It seems it can't update again.

amishek kumar

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Again launch seven- eighter tool after connecting your phone.....it will show some error like no any device connected..and error 4.8.****...like....so google that error code and download required drivers...after installing the driver launch zune and let your phone remain connected...when you will launch zune ..it will say to restore your phone...so please do that....again while restoration process if errors come like ''device cant be restored to previous version"...ignore the error message and continue with again restoration.....once the restoration is completed ..start seven-eighter again and choose all the required languages (you can do that by going to SETTINGS of your phone and opening REGION+LANGUAGES ) ...select all the required languages....and continue with the required process...

i had also faced the same problem that u have mentioned here and i was able to resolved in the manner that is mentioned here...wish u all the best and hope it will help

ErDo9

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have the same problem. I selected only czech language (but german, english, french, italian and spanish needed for my device). But now If I select required languages instaling became infinite (its runnig more than 30minutes already). Can somebody help me?

ErDo9

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have the same problem. I selected czech language only but german, english, italian, french and spanish required. Now If I select corect languages instalation became infinite. Its running over 30minutes. Can somebody help me?

mankie

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
My t-mobile hd7 has english, french, spanish, german, italian, when I select these i get an error after the backup and will not proceed. If i do not select any, it will go through but will have the same issue as the OP..

You have to push all the updates, plus language files from the version you had before the manual update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05