Bright spot on screen

rhamblet

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Its definitely the camera housing for me. Although the vibrator(hehe) may be in between the two. As others have suggested, just lightly touch the back of the device distorts the LCD as if you were touching it. AT&T is expediting me a new one so lets hope I'm just that unlucky to get two in a row.

My hopes are up though that this isn't just the case with every device, it isnt even listed as a defect in the defect thread.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I guess it has to do with the vibrator.. Lumia 1520 - Vibrator damaging LCD - Nokia Support Discussions
After looking at this I checked the internal pics of the phone.. the vibrator somewhat sits in the position where the white spot is there.. It is definitely a design issue.. it is deemed to come up in devices over time unless the newer revisions have a hardware fix in design...

Sure it is the vibrator, I have the same bright spot exactly where the vibrator located... very bad that it getting worse... I will not disable vibration to avoid it getting worse..

Scultoree

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here, i've disabled the vibrator, but am extremely dissapointed. I bought the 1520 in the UK but live in Belgium, so there is no bringing it back. NOKIA, hello ?
when I pay this kind of money, the least I expect is a hardware malfunction.
It sure as hell takes away the pleasure of a new phone...

aamiroo

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Experienced similar problem with ipad. They called it light leakage. Can google it for more info

Sent from my RM-937_apac_malaysia_941 using Tapatalk

Faksnima

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. My first phone looked like someone left a trail of urine on the left hand side in the shape of an 'L'...and there was a white dot on the right side, 1.5 inches down, 0.5 inches east of center. My replacement from ATT came in brand new (in a certified like-new box) with a log time of 00:00:00. No spots on initial usage...I go through the trouble of installing my skin, screen protector and case and now I see two spots, one north, and right of center and one, less visible, on the left. I'm irritated, to say the least. Let's keep this thread alive - please continue to post your updates. $600 devices should have far better QC.

fawzib

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
same issue here. returning the device. i got it through ebay (new sealed box) seriously so many issues with the quality of this device. let me list some
- screen easily scratched from any kind of use. nokia durability is a joke here (device will break)
- polycarbonate casing is so thin i feel it can break in my hand
- bright spot on the top of the device. it is so common that almost all devices suffer from it
- all buttons and sdcars/sim slot is not rigid. i feel it wiggles as i move the device.

go phone i buy for $20 is seriously better built. not kidding the only thing saved this phone is the Nokia logo we used to trust

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi
As of today i also have a bright spot on the same place of the display as most of you..
i checked my screen every once in a while for such spots since the existing if this thread, never got one since today...
in my opinion ther is no point in returning the device, since its just a matter of time until every other lumia 1520 will develop the same spot..

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm starting to feel a little embarrassed for recommending this phone to a bunch of friends and family. Seems like it may just be a matter of time before they all have some kind of issue with it.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to feel a little embarrassed for recommending this phone to a bunch of friends and family. Seems like it may just be a matter of time before they all have some kind of issue with it.
It's not just this phone, screen wears out after sometime, my screen on HTC has white spot aswell, it's not a Lumia problem

spacesnow

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
And the threshold to give your smartphone for warranty repair/change is quite high. You need to backup your stuff, find another phone for some period etc. I bet many users don't bother to get their phones fixed because of some white spots. Really annoying!

Faksnima

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Thank you spacennow, those are EXACTLY where mine are...This is unacceptable. I'm close to selling it and going back to android. I love the Windows Phone UI, but this, along with the lack of apps (apps that I use for work), is becoming a pain. Returning the phone and getting a new one wont resolve this issue. I've had several phones now with the same white spots. Has anyone had luck with a replacement device?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
It would be handy if people could show photos of these white spots.

Not saying they are but the ones in the photo above look like they have been PhotoShoped.

I know these phones do have problems, what phone maker has perfect phones but there is a lot of bulls*** on forums from people that don't even have the phone they are talking about. Before you all jumps on me the same think happens on all forums across all brands.

I posted a photo of my screen that cracked on my note 3 when it fell on the carpet in my car. Low and be hold it cropped up on another forum a few weeks later.

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
It would be handy if people could show photos of these white spots.

Not saying they are but the ones in the photo above look like they have been PhotoShoped.

I know these phones do have problems, what phone maker has perfect phones but there is a lot of bulls*** on forums from people that don't even have the phone they are talking about. Before you all jumps on me the same think happens on all forums across all brands.

I posted a photo of my screen that cracked on my note 3 when it fell on the carpet in my car. Low and be hold it cropped up on another forum a few weeks later.

Video OK as well?

Nokia Lumia 1520 Screen Issue - YouTube

The place you see the screen distort is also the place where the bright spot is. Components to close to the back of the screen I guess...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte