brightness sensor not working during call

rednax_de

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

i have an issue with my lumia 920.
Everytime I make a call the display stays black (most of the time) so i can't end a call or enter any further Digits.

Any idea what that could be. Can I somehow test if the sensor itself is buggy(Hardware-Problem)?

Restart and Hard Reset does not solve the problem.

Thanks

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Keep your hand away from the top of the device. Your big hands are tripping the proximity sensor. Approach the screen from the bottom side with one finger, and don't move your finger any further towards the top of the phone than you need to. If the screen goes black you're doing it wrong and I can't help you any more!

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
It seems that on some phones the screen flexes away from the proximity sensor. Only by half a millimeter, but enough to trigger the sensor. You can work around it by pressing the top corner of the screen down (right next to the A in NOKIA, or take Your chance that a replacement phone will not show the same symptoms.

Mine does this occasionally, but this easy workaround stops me from actually taking it back for a replacement.

rednax_de

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll try it...thanks for your replies!
I bought it at Amazon.de but it is out of stock every since so i guess a replacement isn't possible...

theprawn

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
It seems that on some phones the screen flexes away from the proximity sensor. Only by half a millimeter, but enough to trigger the sensor. You can work around it by pressing the top corner of the screen down (right next to the A in NOKIA, or take Your chance that a replacement phone will not show the same symptoms.

Mine does this occasionally, but this easy workaround stops me from actually taking it back for a replacement.

I just got my warranty authorization and packing slip and was about to send mine off when I saw this... and I'll be damned, it works. Now, do I send it in or embrace the workaround...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb