Browser from Vivaldi Technologies - Not bad

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Vivaldi200-175.png
I don't know if you had the chance to check out the Vivaldi browser created by Operas' co-founder but for most of the day I have been using it at work and at home. I'm finding I like what its about. One thing I like is it will install Chrome extensions, at least that's what it claims. I've only installed one, AdBlock Plus
Val 4.png

But it is quirky at times. Using it to upload images to this forum for instance, doesn't work well. Not exactly "news" since newer browsers like Microsoft Edge have almost the same quirks here. But, leaving that aside, Vivaldi has its way of keeping you interested in using and staying with it. In short, its smooth and it works!

In its settings, you can have the browser colors modify based on the site you're on. It has a coolness factor to me.
Val 1.pngval 2.png
val 3.png
Val 5.png
This last shot is where Vivaldi goes if you are looking for browser extensions. If you haven't tried it, I would encourage you to check it out. I don't know if its enough for me to give up on Firefox but I find I did not have to run back to it because I was missing something. I'll keep using it for now and see if it makes the grade. I think it would be good to get this in the Windows Store at some point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel