Build 10041 Sound Drivers

rav4kar

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue, after 10041 installed It says " No Audio Output Device is installed". Clicking on it results in this error.

audio error.PNG

Appreciate any help on this.

Nylonic

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
When I went to install the Realtek drivers it took almost an hour, it got hung up midway but I left it and then it finally finished. It's been working so far.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
well, when I installed the update from today it also screwed up my 5.1 audio. Even when set to two channels I hear sound 90% on left and 10% on right channel. totally screwed up. When I uninstall the update I get the stereo fixed but 5.1 is still silent.
​I think I may just go back to 8.1 for now.

ChristopheG

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
While not the most convenient option to get audio / sound back after this latest build update, I did delete to old Realtek driver, downloaded one from the Realtek website (Windows Central will not allow me to post the link) and reinstalled following the cues and instructions. It worked!
Hey, unfortunate ... but that is why this is called a "Technical Preview Evaluation Copy".

Ola Sjostrand

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Changing the timeout did the trick and allowed for automatic update of the driver, it was still sitting there thinking about it for a long time but finally completed the install. Great stuff!

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
There's a good few workarounds/fixes mentioned in this and some of the other threads. Have a quick search around ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria