Buying HTC 8X

lekhwani

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Go ahead and buy 920. (Very hard to state this as I have HTC 8x. But I have 620 also. Now why I say so:

If you have HTC 8x, you will miss some features that are there on 920.
If you have 920, you will not miss anything, plus will enjoy extra features.

Which features:

Better Camera
Better Night Shots
You have full equalizer. You can match HTC sound by tweaking the equalizer. But not vice versa.
(If HTC 8x had equalizer, no device will match it)
Big list of Nokia only apps.
But, I like and love my HTC 8x also.

Deask Brofizz

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I have bought an HTC 8X from Taiwan At least 2 months ago...I have no issues regarding the phone....except for it misleading me into very very improper sites...

I once Browsed in google to read a book, and when i got into the website...it directs me into a somesort of a spam website and showing me XXX.

I really hate this, and I tried to reset my phone and reset my history...I have never been into any XXX sites or any sites that could link me through that. It's useless, and it kept appearing, everytime i tried use the Internet explorer or any browsers i download from the store.

This is just after 2 weeks of use. Then I started to use my phone's default view to desktop viewing....and it works for some reason..no more spam websites and everything running the way it's supposed to be. I have no idea why does the mobile viewing has that kind of misleading things. I have no brought it to the service center yet, but i am planning to. This has to be stopped, anyone has an idea how to make this spam website to dissapear??? I really need help, because I share my phone with my younger brother.. and i tried to go the other websites with it...and It leads me to that specific website. I enable smartscreen and it doesn't work....at ALL.

Any form of help will be appreciated....
:smile::smile::smile::smile:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have bought an HTC 8X from Taiwan At least 2 months ago...I have no issues regarding the phone....except for it misleading me into very very improper sites...

I once Browsed in google to read a book, and when i got into the website...it directs me into a somesort of a spam website and showing me XXX.

I really hate this, and I tried to reset my phone and reset my history...I have never been into any XXX sites or any sites that could link me through that. It's useless, and it kept appearing, everytime i tried use the Internet explorer or any browsers i download from the store.

This is just after 2 weeks of use. Then I started to use my phone's default view to desktop viewing....and it works for some reason..no more spam websites and everything running the way it's supposed to be. I have no idea why does the mobile viewing has that kind of misleading things. I have no brought it to the service center yet, but i am planning to. This has to be stopped, anyone has an idea how to make this spam website to dissapear??? I really need help, because I share my phone with my younger brother.. and i tried to go the other websites with it...and It leads me to that specific website. I enable smartscreen and it doesn't work....at ALL.

Any form of help will be appreciated....
:smile::smile::smile::smile:

Blame Google. Guess they want you to use an Android phone that's why when you search in Google on your 8X it sends you to the nudie sites. Betcha that won't happen if you just used Bing...lol...

All jokes aside, your best be may be to clear the cookies and stick to desktop view. Even when I use flash intensive sites like ESPN in desktop mode, I can navigate on it pretty well.

Deask Brofizz

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I think I should....to prevent those stuff to come up again....it really shocked me..because it's really really weird...hahaha....Probably i'll just stick to bing...hahaha...

I really need like to see this issue being resolved my microsoft themselves.....hahaha...by putting adblocks or any form of blocakge on those websites.....

but overall, it is a nice phone. I haven't experiencing hardware or software problems....just that.

I'll probably just stick to the desktop mode. hahaha.

Thanks for the help, MSFTisMIA

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I think I should....to prevent those stuff to come up again....it really shocked me..because it's really really weird...hahaha....Probably i'll just stick to bing...hahaha...

I really need like to see this issue being resolved my microsoft themselves.....hahaha...by putting adblocks or any form of blocakge on those websites.....

but overall, it is a nice phone. I haven't experiencing hardware or software problems....just that.

No problem. That's why the forums here are the coolest on Mobile Nations...we do thing with a good laugh but we still help out.

I like my 8X, but I'm thinking about getting an unlocked model instead of the VZW one I have, as I'd like to have internet sharing and get mms on it. Love the wireless charging feature though...

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Heyy guys just make me sure that I won't be jealous for music when I see someone's 8X and listen something through it. And how about when you compare 920's music quality to Galaxy S3? Can somebody please tell me..

Sent from my ST25i using WPCentral Forums mobile app

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Increased my budget a little bit, now I'm thinking of Lumia 925.. I know it's idiocy how I went from 8X to 920 and now to 925.. :p In India we have 32GB 925 so memory is not an issue. But what about display?? I actually hate Galaxy S3's display so what should I go with 920 or 925? But slim profile and weight and sixth lens are in favour of 925. I won't be spending extra on wireless charging pad so that's not an issue for me.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Increased my budget a little bit, now I'm thinking of Lumia 925.. I know it's idiocy how I went from 8X to 920 and now to 925.. :p In India we have 32GB 925 so memory is not an issue. But what about display?? I actually hate Galaxy S3's display so what should I go with 920 or 925? But slim profile and weight and sixth lens are in favour of 925. I won't be spending extra on wireless charging pad so that's not an issue for me.

the 925 is the best option of the 3 - especially if the budget and memory are no issue. Personally, I like the LCD panels that HTC has always used, HD7/7S notwithstanding. But, you cannot go wrong with how good the overall package a 925 32GB is. The only thing that the 8X has over it is that it is lighter and the audio is very minimally better. Otherwise, outside of the 1020, the 925 is the best get from a high end WP8 available.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Nay 8X is out of question now.. It's only about 920 or 925. In my country India both phones have 32GB memory. But 925 is more expensive and I really don't like AMOLED screens, I prefer LCDs instead. But 925 is lighter. Both look cool by the way. I think I'll go with 920 simply for the LCD panel. I haven't actually seen 925's display but I've seen Galaxy S3 and I kind of don't like it's AMOLED display. Blacks are good but whites are too pale.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Nay 8X is out of question now.. It's only about 920 or 925. In my country India both phones have 32GB memory. But 925 is more expensive and I really don't like AMOLED screens, I prefer LCDs instead. But 925 is lighter. Both look cool by the way. I think I'll go with 920 simply for the LCD panel. I haven't actually seen 925's display but I've seen Galaxy S3 and I kind of don't like it's AMOLED display. Blacks are good but whites are too pale.

in my opinion, the 925 has a better panel than the S3.

Ktysai

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Abhi_k4, test yourself a 925, do not dismiss it before you can touch it. For me 920 was a little too big/heavy, 925 is more cool. And let's not forget, 1020 is right around the corner :)

Although I understand your problem with AMOLED screens.

Padr1n0

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Go for it. Love my 8x. I had the 925 for a while. I liked a few things about it. (That screen + outdoor visibility is cool) but I gave it to my girl and kept the 8X. It's just so sleek. And EVERYONE asks about it. Funny enough they all say "Is that the Lumia?"

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to buy an 8X used cause the price seems great. I'm keeping my 520, but ultimately I want the 925. I just can't afford it right now

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Guys before I buy this phone, Lumia 920, I'm about to order it online in next 1-2 days, can anyone please conform me how can I buy apps for it? I'm from India and got no credit card or debit card, cause I'm just learning yet I don't earn money.. :(

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Guys before I buy this phone, Lumia 920, I'm about to order it online in next 1-2 days, can anyone please conform me how can I buy apps for it? I'm from India and got no credit card or debit card, cause I'm just learning yet I don't earn money.. :(

You might try this question in the Windows Phone Apps forum... not sure how it would work in India, sorry. In US, it just gets added to my phone bill.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks I'll still buy 920.. Maybe I'll get a student's credit card but no way I'm getting anything other than 920. I have one android phone too if want that much any app.. So 920.. All the way.. :)

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

enable "safe search" and when you do Bing something, you'll be golden..

Deask Brofizz

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
This Phone might be defective. My Audio Jack broke from only 3 months of use, i need to turn my jack into the 'perfect' position for a stereo sound...Else, I would only get one earphone sounding off. Also, After since upgrading to the GDR3 It pretty much ruined my WiFi. I can't connect to my routers WiFi without having it turned off and on mulitple times for it to detect. With all the other WiFis, even though i got the correct password. It's just shown as 'could not reach wifi' even though it clearly shows full bars. This is really annoying, and i am planning to get my phone to my local HTC service center. Despite all of the problemsI am extremely careful with my phones. To Prove it i have a working Nokia X6, and i have been using it for three years and no problem whatsoever. I am just hoping i can use my HTC 8X again...bring back the first two months of peace and joy with my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte