Calendar notification on Glance screen with Lumia Black?

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
According to the reviews etc with Lumia Black you should now be able to see Calendar notifications on the Glance screen. I can see my other notifications (phone, text etc) on the Glance screen but no Calendar. I still have to go the Lock screen to see that. This is on a Lumia 820. Have the reviewers got it wrong and assumed that *all* the Lock screen notification settings get carried forward to control the Glance screen?

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
According to the reviews etc with Lumia Black you should now be able to see Calendar notifications on the Glance screen. I can see my other notifications (phone, text etc) on the Glance screen but no Calendar. I still have to go the Lock screen to see that. This is on a Lumia 820. Have the reviewers got it wrong and assumed that *all* the Lock screen notification settings get carried forward to control the Glance screen?

They got it wrong..only time along with optional notifications like missed call..calendar..games etc can be seen

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
But your reply first says it doesn't then says it does include Calendar. Or are you talking about two different Calendar things?

Ashish Saraf1

May 7, 2013
Visit site
But your reply first says it doesn't then says it does include Calendar. Or are you talking about two different Calendar things?

Sorry for confusing reply...what i meant was the glance screen wont show you reminder details like a persons birthday from facebook.

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

Wilsen Hernandez

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Glance screen 2.0 shows *only* your quick status notifications.

Detailed status notifications are not supported in Glance screen, because that breaks the point of the whole glance screen.
It is there just to show you quick info about time and notifications. You know, a "glance".

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
It would be good to be able to check the time of my next appointment at a "glance". Don't know why you are being sarky about it just because that does not fit your view of how it should work and what other people would like to use it for.

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Either MS have paid attention to my feedback or it really was the plan all along but today's update means I now get my calendar notification on the Glance screen. :smile:

Presumably it is controlled by the Lock screen detailed notification setting.

anon(5789608)

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
glitch? (birthday from calendar)

HKxMXOY.jpg

pahutakz

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
hope they will patch this glance screen info. It cut out the entire calendar notification into half. wth? they just need to justify it or centered.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
it's not a glitch. you can set a custom text to the top of glance, or to the detailed status you can also see at your lock screen.

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
update the "More Info" and "Glance Screen" to its latest version. then go to Glance settings, you'll be prompted to restart your phone. After then you can see new drop down option in Glance setting to bring out:
1) Nothing
2) Whatever display on your lock screen
3) Your own custom text

But well yeah. I don't know if it's correct or not. But seem like that feature drains my battery...

anon(8127150)

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I can see calendar notifications on screen. Make sure your "Calendar" is set as "Show Detailed Status" app in lock screen.

Also, set "Glance Screen info" to "Lock Screen Notifications" which is available since Lumia Black update.

Lumia 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6