Call quality poor, may be my last HTC phone

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
My last two phones have been HTC, Trophy and Droid Incredible. Both had poor call quality. I actually just received a refurbished Trophy and the call quality is worse than my last Trophy, especially on volumes 5 and up.

I also had multiple Incredibles, all had bad call quality. I cant talk to someone when they sound crackily or almost garbled. I really dont think Ill be getting another HTC phone any time soon. Which leaves me out of options for now as far as Verizon goes.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
My Trophy is horrible as well. HTC can make phones that do well on reception. I have an HTC Rezound also and it does extremely well in the reception department. Hopefully the HTC WP8 devices Verizon will carry do well also.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
My Trophy is horrible as well. HTC can make phones that do well on reception. I have an HTC Rezound also and it does extremely well in the reception department. Hopefully the HTC WP8 devices Verizon will carry do well also.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

Its not even just the reception, though that is partially why I had to use warranty and get a new *certified used, one. But this new one, reception/signal is fine, but my God, the sound is awful.

What really bugs me, is it seems a lot of these new smart phones, think of call quality last. I have an old Motorola flip phone (Verizon) I use for work. While it doesnt get as loud as id like when I work out in a noisy environment, its actually clear. No smartphone ive had, that I recall, has ever been good call quality wise.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Would love to get a Nokia, but it looks like Verizon told them to screw off again. So im pretty close to being done with Verizon and HTC altogether.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I've read that the speaker on the Trophy can sometimes get blown out and not work correctly. If your reception is fine, then the speaker might be the issue. Though I've never had a problem with either one in the ~18 months with my Trophy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05