Camera Grains/Dots in Lumia 920

njnAbat

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,i have a Lumia 920.I am a big fan of its camera.But these days i have noticed small dots or grains in its camera viewer before taking the picture.However to be frank the pics still doesn't have grains or dots.Buy would love to hear it from u guys if there is a solution to it.
Thanks.

ricbon

May 5, 2012
Visit site
dead pixels?? still under warranty?? call nokia or provider to see what to do and like always do, if you want do a hard reset before you call because either way they will ask for you to but at least this way you can tell them you've tried that already.

Jimmy Cooper

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I heard about that before. I remember some girl had a thread and she showed a picture of the sky and it looks like birds in the sky when its a bug in the camera. Apparently its a bug from the update.

njnAbat

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
If i use the camera viewfinder in daylight its crystal clear without even a single dot or grains for that matter with both front and rear camera .
But when am indoors its slightly grainy here and there . This issue is annoying me a bit and i am not sure if its a defect in my phone.
Can u guys throw some light on this thought as am not a camera expert .

njnAbat

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I have read about the dust issues with Lumia 920..can't find any in my phone , but confused if the grains are due to any hidden dust particle..

njnAbat

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
dead pixels?? still under warranty?? call nokia or provider to see what to do and like always do, if you want do a hard reset before you call because either way they will ask for you to but at least this way you can tell them you've tried that already.

you are so rite..nokia has send me an email to do a hard reset..:( will take it to nokia care itself before doing so...

njnAbat

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Grains did come in camera viewer of s3 ,920, iPhone4s as well when checked in same light conditions.Again the pics taken though didnt have grains in them.But still went to nokia priority to check the same and realized that the demo 920 piece also had grains in certain light conditions.M so relieved now and glad to learn that even DSLR's also have the same issues.So nothing to be worried.920 still the most lovable smartphone camera.Forget the slight grains in viewer and enjoy the beautiful pics that come out of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion