Camera initialization click?

rexii23

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased a 1020 today. Question for the rest of the 1020 owner, when you launch a camera app like Nokia Pro Cam, does the lens assembly make quite a distinct 'click' sound? I can also feel a slight shake when I hold the phone in my hands when I launch a camera app. Visually, I see the the front shutter open, and a split second later, the lens assembly 'clicks' or locks into place.

Just checking to see if this is normal?

Thanks!

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased a 1020 today. Question for the rest of the 1020 owner, when you launch a camera app like Nokia Pro Cam, does the lens assembly make quite a distinct 'click' sound? I can also feel a slight shake when I hold the phone in my hands when I launch a camera app. Visually, I see the the front shutter open, and a split second later, the lens assembly 'clicks' or locks into place.

Just checking to see if this is normal?

Thanks!

if you see the docs supplied with this phone, there is a specific note which says "Dont worry about this sound" :smile:

rexii23

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Good good. looks like nothing to worry about. I read the little note, which also says the sound should disappear if I half press the shutter. tried it and it was still rattling a little. The initialization click is quite loud and forceful too.

tgr42

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
There was a separate little piece of paper in the box dedicated to explaining this, at least in the box from AT&T.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo