Camera not working right after WP8.1 update on 928

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Updated to 8.1 yesterday and most everything is working fine (love Cortana) - but my camera has gone haywire. All camera apps now just take black pictures, image is very dark through screen, and taking a picture takes for ever. After the first shot, image becomes completely blown out on screen (like iso and shutter is set way too high), but still takes black picture. I have tried adjusting iso and shutter in the Nokia camera app and procam, but still get same result. Any suggestions?

FYI, in the Nokia camera app, the default shutter speed is now 1/2147483647 when I set iso to 100. :eck:

Last edited:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
You might want to mention what device you have.

In the ativ forums many are claiming that the drivers just aren't yet ready for WP8.1. Others have said that they needed to hard reset their device to get things working satisfactorily after installing the preview.

BrunoVn

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
my lumia 720 has problem as well. at least u can take picture, but my lumia can not. pressing the button to take picture, the sreen is stopped as saving that photo. when openning Photos app, that photo is not there. I tried with some other apps but It has same trouble. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos