Camera Settings and Usage Issues

SarahLauritzen

May 30, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I have an Elite X3 and while it is a lovely device to use, I have a problem with the camera section.

When in stills mode and I go to settings, I find that the Image Size option is greyed out. I am unable to figure out how to un-grey it and change this. Can anyone tell me how to do so?

When I am in Video mode and using the rear facing camera, I find that when I have recorded a video, there is either no sound or the sound is barely audible even on full volume. Even when pointing the rear facing camera in the opposite direction, the sound is still barely audible. Can anyone explain how to fix this? Video settings are on 3840x2160p/30 fps.

All the updates available for the OS have been downloaded so the phone is as up to date as it can be.

Any help on this will be much appreciated. This is the only fault I can find with this device, I am very happy with the rest of it.

Thank you for your time.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Odd I never noticed this. Sure enough, I can only get either 16 or 10 megapixels depending on the aspect ratio.

4:3 gets 16mp
d461afae765dc1c529c1fc58e444fb3b.jpg

While 16:9 gets 10mp
e946deffa3b366c0f95dc464e1c05ecd.jpg

SarahLauritzen

May 30, 2017
Visit site
I tried changing the ratio on the camera and still did not get any more than 10mp.

These are deeply frustrating issues, it shpuldn't be like this. Maybe there is something I have or haven't done in the settings that I can't figure out but I am.very annoyed anout it all.

Thanks for replying.

mlbrowninsc

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Mine is the same way. The camera is terrible on the phone. Will give good shots as long as your subject is still and the lighting very good. It's clear the camera was not a priority on this phone.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
THe only way I know to change the MP size is by setting registry setting that are not there to mimic what the Lumias do with DNG capturing and Living Images. It will allow you to choose a different MP size I think. Will have to look when I get home though. Also as far as the camera goes, it is much improved since July last year hands down. It was really bad back then. Plus it is better than the Idol 4s at the momment imo. But the IDOL has had zero FW udpates since release and may not get any yet.

For the recording volume, you could try a hard reset after upgrading to the latest OS release on Production but do not hold your breath in that it changes. Or check that you are not covering any of the ominidirectional mics too...

Warren_2185

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a used Elite x3 in super shape and it has the video volume problem. The voice recorder app records loud and clear, the video camera barely records anything.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I just bought a used Elite x3 in super shape and it has the video volume problem. The voice recorder app records loud and clear, the video camera barely records anything.

Is this a known issue? I take it a hard reset was a no go to correct that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99