Can any of current budget Windows tablets (mid November 2017) be a daily driver

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
I ordered a Cube Mix Plus for 230€ a couple of days ago from Gearbest. It sports 4gb, a 128 SSD, an intel m3 kaby lake CPU and best of all, Wacom stylus support (it uses the Surface Pro 2's display). Build quality is supposed to be good. I'm looking forward to ttying it out.

Yup, that's another steal. Apparently the brightness doesn't suit outdoors, and the battery life average (5.5-6 hours of active use), but its a good tablet for display quality, performance - and the internal drive is actually an SSD, so you can upgrade it to up to 512gb. Comes at pretty low prices these days the mix plus - just check out reviews before you buy, make sure it suits ya.

It's a tablet that attracts me as well, along with the teclast and chuwi equivilants. That this one has the upgradeable SSD - mmm, that is a teaser. I've always wanted a tablet with all the media, full powered desktop software as I'd have on a desktop. A truly mobile PC, filled to the brim. 512gb ssd and 200GB microsd.....mmmmm. And those SSD's make a performance different too over EMMC. Even at the stock size, it's a nice feature, good 4k video performance for example.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Here's a few personal recommends. If you want something windows but portable or one handish useable, the cube iwork 10/1x tablets are pretty decent. They also come dual boot (with android and windows). The performance isn't out of the park, but they handle thanks to 4gb of ram. China stopped making dual boots, so if you want a decent dual boot, you have to go atom.

The chuwi surbook mini is a similar proposition that is a very recent release, with faster CPU and just windows - portable, practical size.

If your after something with extended battery life, the Chuwi hi12 is well rated. It's another atom, so not a racecar but capable. It's 11000 mah battery apparently provides 8-9 hours of light active use (like browsing), so it should be capable of driving through a day of heavy use. I think if you want long battery life, this is the trick. I personally use an atom with 4gb, and its perfectly capable of running a few programs, and a few tabs open - and I don't find myself multi-tasking more than that on a tablet.

If battery life is a major concern for a cheaper windows tablet, this would be the ticket. I'm not sure if you are really the heavy user you imagine yourself to be, but if you are, do a lot of work etc....

If you are more interested in power/performance there's tablets like the teclast x3, chuwi surbook, cube mix plus, Cube iWork3X etc, the chuwi hi13. Some of those can be had for under 400.

Techtablets has some great reviews of Chinese tablets, and worth a look before you buy for sure. He's very objective, and that way you know what the weak points are, and if you are likely to be able to live with them.

iSingBass

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
It might be a bit late, for your question, but I'm pretty much in love with my ASUS T102 Transformer Mini with 4GB of RAM. When I want to program or play games I'll go to my laptop or Xbox, but it's been very handy for general work tasks and a bit more. The stylus has been a delight to have available, readily carried by the leather case I found at Amazon. I wanted to like the Chuwi Hi10Pro that I got first as a replacement for my broken Dell Venue 8 Pro (first generation). Due to the fake trackpad and pen (gimped gestures and no pen + touch), it was a non-starter. Additionally, the Android dual-boot thing is wasted on me, and I really prefer a smaller device (my current phone is an iPhone SE). It is a pretty display, though.
Top concern for me with any Windows 10 tablet is that it has at least 4GB of memory. Even for the Surface 3, I've found 2GB to be too little memory to ably switch between even a couple of tasks.
I got the Signature Edition from Microsoft Store for only $250. It's no longer available there, but these are still being sold at Amazon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlizaForbes