Can anyone put up nokia photo transfer for mac app? Microsoft removed it.

tumtum111

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
nokiaphototransfer.dmg has been removed from all download links on Microsoft and every other download link I can find on Google. I've spent hours trying to find it and find out why it has been removed. No sign of a deliberate policy decision to stop supporting Windows Lumia phones but they've just eliminated this app which is essential for a Mac user to download DNG and Pureview modified image files from Windows Lumia phones like my Lumia 1020.
Please please please can someone put it up on a fileshare site and message me or post a link?

Last edited:

tumtum111

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
I've not managed to get the files off yet. It's not recognised when I just connect with a USB. Another thing is there is some very sophisticated image processing on the phone, and apparently there is no way to get DNG's with that post processing off without the NokiaPhotoTransfer app.
The phone is new to me and it's taking brilliant shots. One thing about not being able to get them off the phone is I'm becoming very choosy about which ones I keep! Whch is a good thing. But sometime I'll need to get some pictures off, as DNG files and not just jpg's. I might be able to do it with a pc but a mac is what I have and what works better for most of the things I do.
It does seem weird that Microsoft are happy to produce editions of Word and Excel as Mac dmg apps but have blocked this app for a Windows phone. I'm happy to pay for Word and Excel and I'd be happy to pay for NokiaPhotoTransfer and I don't get why Microsoft would want to block it. It was available until the end of 2016 and Microsoft has download links all over the place to download it but they have all been broken.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...there is some very sophisticated image processing on the phone, and apparently there is no way to get DNG's with that post processing off without the NokiaPhotoTransfer app...

DNG is, itself, not processed. It's a sensor dump into a file with a DNG (Digital NeGative) extension. RAWER will post process DNG on the phone and convert to JPG. I'm quite familiar with DNG as I've used it on Lumia 1520 since August of 2014 and have recently added a 1020 to my arsenal.

Have you tried this App? https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ad%2Fdetails.aspx%3Fid%3D20993&token=jCsyhIhN

It is marked for WP7, but maybe it will give you some functionality.

Check this thread: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1020/405618-driver-connection-mac.html

Someone suggested this App for your 1020 wich allows file browser via Safari for xfer: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...wpUvbUpU3369756%2524%2524%2524&token=MXifubPm

tumtum111

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Thanks T.Moore and RomuoredNow for the suggestions and advice on DNG's , on which I admit I am no expert. I've just been trying Easy Transfer but (at least on my system) it is incredibly slow. Same is true for OneDrive. So thanks and respect for the suggestions but I'd really just like to try the Microsoft recommended photo transfer app for my Microsoft phone before trawling all the third party possibilities in case I can find some other way.
I may well find workarounds somewhere to get by, but the point of my question is: Can anyone point me towards a copy of NokiaPhotoTransfer.dmg? That's all.
It would be good if Microsoft would just sell me the stuff I want and keep up support for longer than six months (which I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for). Instead of trying to take over the world all the time... (Don't get me wrong - Apple is every bit as bad if not worse now - which is why longer term I'm looking at going the Linux route).

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I still can't believe that you cannot simply use file explorer in a plug-and-play way with your Mac. That seems cruel and unusual punishment for daring to stray away from the Apple system with your phone.

I've no idea about the NokiaPhotoTransfer.dmg installer. Not sure you will find it here unless by accident.

Have you tried asking at iMore?
iMore - Ask a Question

tumtum111

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for your time on this RumoredNow. I forgot to mention that link for the WP7 app brings in a little txt file which basically says: “F/Off and try The Mac App Store” (or words to that effect :smile:). Needless to say the Mac App Store say "App Not Found".
And Easy Transfer is not just slow - I was waiting for a connection when I wrote that last post. I found that if I wait long enough it simply times out. Every time.
Problems with Apple and Windows not co-operating have held back so much advance that could have happened with just a slightly different attitude. I’m thinking how the European car firms recovered and progressed by co-operating with each other, and with Japanese companies. I’m getting really incensed with the pair of them now (Apple and Microsoft), having discovered the same app censorship has happened with Windows Phone App (Apple) and Tapshoot (Microsoft). But I’m trying a post on iMore as well. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Pauljuliuspeter

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
nokiaphototransfer.dmg has been removed from all download links on Microsoft and every other download link I can find on Google. I've spent hours trying to find it and find out why it has been removed. No sign of a deliberate policy decision to stop supporting Windows Lumia phones but they've just eliminated this app which is essential for a Mac user to download DNG and Pureview modified image files from Windows Lumia phones like my Lumia 1020.
Please please please can someone put it up on a fileshare site and message me or post a link?

I have a copy, if you have not had any luck as of yet.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FraJa