Can anyone suggest an elegant mouse and keyboard like Apple's for my gaming?

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I am looking for an elegant mouse and keyboard like Apple's.

I am looking for an elegant mouse and keyboard like what comes with the iMacs. I want something similar to the Apple Magic Mouse with just as much beauty and functionality. Also a simple and elegant keyboard to replace my bulky gamer keyboard. I've been looking but can't find anything. Please help.

PS: Black would be preferred for the color.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: I am looking for an elegant mouse and keyboard like Apple's.

I use this at work:
Sculpt Comfort Desktop | Ergonomic Keyboard | Microsoft Hardware

While I love the keyboard and the mouse, I wouldn't call the mouse elegant. It's super functional, but the top is a thinner plastic than the rest (it's the part that comes off to replace the batteries) and you can tell.

What I wanted was this:
Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Keyboard & Mouse | Microsoft Hardware

That is, in fact elegant and super cool. The mouse is solid and check out the looks of that keyboard! Rowr. :D

You're not going to find a mouse like the Magic Mouse in the Microsoft line. They had a Touch Mouse (which I used for a while) and it was underwhelming. They also have touch strips on several mice, but again... kind-of underwhelming. The blue button on the side of the mouse in the first link above has some touch (actually, swipe) options which are selectable, but I don't use them. For me, it's in an awkward position for a swipe-up or swipe-down.

Logitech has a couple of touch-based mice which look elegant, but the Logitech software is... not elegant. (Like, for instance, both Microsoft and Logitech have a feature similar to Mac's Expose; the Microsoft version [Instant Viewer] works really well, the Logitech version is slow and kludgy).

Anyway, hope that helps.

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site

Hm. While that keyboard looks cool, the mouse isn't exactly appealing. I might get it just for the keyboard. So, the keyboards aren't exactly that hard to find, but finding a mouse that compares to the Magic Mouse seems difficult. Also... I'd like it to work with the new gestures for Windows 10. Is that impossible? Will I have to wait for mice made specifically for it? Or will any touch mouse do it? Thanks for y'alls help so far.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Hm. While that keyboard looks cool, the mouse isn't exactly appealing.

I thought so to, but... don't knock it until you try it. :)

So, the keyboards aren't exactly that hard to find, but finding a mouse that compares to the Magic Mouse seems difficult.

Yes. I have not found a Magic Mouse replacement that - in my opinion - works as well or is as elegant as the actual Magic Mouse. Little known fact, though... if you have a Magic Mouse and your PC supports Bluetooth (or you buy a Targus Bluetooth adapter) there's no reason you can't use the Magic Mouse on your PC. This site - Magic Tools for Windows - has everything you need. I've used their installer and utility time and time again.

Also... I'd like it to work with the new gestures for Windows 10. Is that impossible? Will I have to wait for mice made specifically for it? Or will any touch mouse do it?

Only time will tell on that one. My crystal ball is on the fritz. :D

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

I am looking for an elegant mouse and keyboard like what comes with the iMacs. I want something similar to the Apple Magic Mouse with just as much beauty and functionality. Also a simple and elegant keyboard to replace my bulky gamer keyboard. I've been looking but can't find anything. Please help.

PS: Black would be preferred for the color.

I've been through 4 Apple keyboards and 6 Apple mice. forget them. get an ugly Logitech wireless combo and raplace the batteries threeTimes a year.

anon9169769

Banned
Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I cant upload a pic but I got a mouse for around three pounds all the way from china and it was wireless and ran on 1 battery.... Normally something had to be useless at the price.... It actually wasn't and you even can select the scroller speed. I got it on amazon.... Check it out as I can recommend that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss