Can continuum work on W10M updated L640XL?

Olumayowa Odebiyi

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Love the phone!! Everything has been going well despite the initials hitches following the upgrade. However, contemplating getting stepping up ti continuum.... Was just wondering if all would go well though, since the phone is the upgrade from 8.1 to W10M, now .420?

Any takes on this, or anyone who's already using their phone like this without any issues...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Any Lumia that's not the 950 or 950 XL will not have Continuum. Period.

(There are some others like the NuAns NEO and HP Elite X3 but those aren't Lumia 640's too.)

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Olumayowa Odebiyi
Love the phone!! Everything has been going well despite the initials hitches following the upgrade. However, contemplating getting stepping up ti continuum.... Was just wondering if all would go well though, since the phone is the upgrade from 8.1 to W10M, now .420?

Any takes on this, or anyone who's already using their phone like this without any issues...

I have read it in XDA forum and did the same. Now my lumia 640 XL has continuum. It's working normally. No issues. I can also perfrom few basic tasks on phone while using continuum. But when i load heavy apps the apps carshes.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I have read it in XDA forum and did the same. Now my lumia 640 XL has continuum. It's working normally. No issues. I can also perfrom few basic tasks on phone while using continuum. But when i load heavy apps the apps carshes.

Where did you find the microsoft_dock setup??

Olumayowa Odebiyi

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Any Lumia that's not the 950 or 950 XL will not have Continuum. Period.

(There are some others like the NuAns NEO and HP Elite X3 but those aren't Lumia 640's too.)

@xandros Hope you've seen this. I thought so too. I haven't tried the suggestions above yet though. Will have to do that very soon.

Thanks @srikanthreddy4

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
@xandros Hope you've seen this. I thought so too. I haven't tried the suggestions above yet though. Will have to do that very soon.

Thanks @srikanthreddy4

Yep, there's some modding that appeared a while back and I was wrong.

However, I was right in the way that the model will never support Continuum officially. However with these tweaks, I've seen someone allegedly run it on an 830 so... go ham!

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm gonna try this on my Lumia 640. Probably not until Monday, but definitely want to try this.

Questions for those who have tried this:
1. Does it also enable OTG support?
2. Can I use a microUSB to HDMI Adapter?
3. Am I required to project to a wireless display?

Thanks in advance for any answers on this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra