Can I delete these files on C partition without ruining the laptop?

Omonja

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
I use a 60GB SSD Lenovo Flex 3 that has been short on storage lately. So I run the "clean free space on disk" tool on Avast Premier. After a while I noticed the device slowing down. I checked on /C only to find 84 files I haven't seen there before. All except 2 are 200MB in size. Of course I haven't run that tool again. They should rename it.

Storage came as low as 5 MB. It didn't threaten to kill itself, to my relief. I cleared my downloads folder to create some space for the machine to run on. Now, I've been wondering what to do with the new 84 files, which are a whooping 16 GB on my skinny toy. Any ideas, thoughts please? thanks in advance.

I'd love to attach a screenshot but I don't know how.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I know that you need 10 posts for posting links I'm not sure about images...

For anyone to be able to help you we'd need to know what the files are. I wouldn't suggest deleting anything unless I knew what it was.

60GB is a bit small but if you're only using it for the OS than that's OK. If it's the only hard drive than I'd suggest getting a portable USB hard drive as a backup. They're fairly cheap and you can keep all your personal files on it.

Other option would be cloud storage but that isn't all that cheap and you need the internet to access it.

Once you past 10 posts see if you can post a screen shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124